Wanted: Hearts of Iron 3 turn based

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Rising-Sun

RE: Wanted: Hearts of Iron 3 turn based

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: fsp1978

Is there really no market for a serious hex-based and turn-based grand strategy game?
I know there is the prospect of GG's WW2 All Theatres but that one is a long way off.

I tried Strategic Command 1 and 2 as well as Commander Europe at War, but they are too are too "light" (no stacking, simplified combat etc.) for my taste and only cover the war in Europe, which is not good enough in 2014 (2015).

HOI1 and HOI2 was the best I could find so far, even though it is way too easy to pull off unrealistic things (fielding 80 panzer divisions as Germany for instance). HOI3 was flawed, I put it away after some 50 game hours and have never touched it ever since.

There is of course WW2 Time of Wrath and Time of Fury, but again, just Europe, and the games are clunky and not very playable IMO. The interface is horrible and I don't care for the ugly sprites and the graphics. I don't need flashy graphics, but they should be clear and streamlined, WITE/WITW does a great job there.

Maybe HOI4 is the best bet when it comes to WW2 grand strategy, but I have lost a bit of hope after HOI3.

Still hoping for Matrix Games to be the place to put out a turn-based WW2 grand strategy game which values realism. Also had big hopes for WiF, but apparently this isn't the real thing either.

Yeah I wasn't too happy with HoI3 either, hopefully part four will be better.
gradenko2k

Post by gradenko2k »

People who are looking for a "better HOI 3" would be best served right now playing HOI 2 instead
altipueri

Post by altipueri »

I think HOI3 is good (now, with FTM); but then I like delegation - which is why I like Command Ops too. You can play the Paradox games in a quasi turn mode by pausing every week or month; taking decisions and then letting the AI carry on.

I blew my brain fuses by buying War in the Pacific AE and Command Modern Naval Air. Good for Matrix bank balance. I admire people who can take these games on - I just gaze wistfully at the manuals and DVD boxes knowing that like a drug it is best to just say no.

I'm also trying Frank Hunter's Campaigns on the Danube. Too many games, not enough time.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

"War in the Pacific AE".

Why are you playing such a simple game?

Real men play Gary Grigsby's War in the East.
NEWBIE GUIDE Distant Worlds Universe
http://tinyurl.com/k3frrle

War in the Pacific Poradnik po Polsku
http://tinyurl.com/nxd4cesh

INSTALL WITPAE on modern PC
https://tinyurl.com/l5kr6rl
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Tim,

Maybe it would please you to have your butt handed to you. WITE.

PM me..

Charlie

Return to “General Discussion”