Aircraft question

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

kip1213

Aircraft question

Post by kip1213 »

If I want to load a squadron of planes on boats, how and where to I find load capacity of the planes. I see in sandiego I have two av's I believe, but when I select new TF for air transport, they give me 6 ships total.
HansBolter

RE: Aircraft question

Post by HansBolter »

Depends if you are trying to load for transport or for air operations.

The Americans only have a select few AVs with a Capacity to operate planes.

In this case you would Transfer the planes to a Ship, not Load them.

If you are transporting, then an AV is likely not the right ship type. AKVs, AKs and xAKs can transport planes by having them loaded as Troops.

The AKVs allow the planes to arrive operational. AKs and xAKs transports require dismantling and crating the planes so they all arrive disabled.

Hans

kip1213

Post by kip1213 »

Thanks again, but my question is this. I am and should try to transport planes from west coast to PH and far east. If I want to transport a squadron of plane, how do I know how many boats I need. When I get a TF it is always in red saying something no cargo space used.
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

1 large size ship will more than likely do it or you can use a 1,000 little boats and it will not![:D]
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

simple rule of thumb (after reading the manual)
1-transport carries 1-squadron. 2-transports is safer. Using 3 is a little paranoid.
tiemanjw

Post by tiemanjw »

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

simple rule of thumb (after reading the manual)
1-transport carries 1-squadron. 2-transports is safer. Using 3 is a little paranoid.

My squadrons load on to 1 transport... I've never seen them split between transports. That is, unless I "divide" the squadron (which creates 3 sub-squadrons). Then each of those gets loaded onto 1 transport each (so 3 total transports). If one or two transports get sunk, you can still reconstruct the squadron... you just lose the airframes on the sunk ships, and not the whole air group. If you lose the whole air group, I believe you need to buy it back with PP, and it will take a considerable about of time before you get it.
guytipton41

Post by guytipton41 »

Hi Folks,

It uses one ship no matter how many ships you would like it to use.

Cheers,
Guy
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Any xAK type ship should work.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Malagant

Post by Malagant »

It shows up red because the planes take up so little cargo space, it's almost a divide by zero thing. It's red because it thinks you're using way too much shipping for a very small load. It is safe to ignore than warning when loading planes, IME.
"La Garde meurt, elle ne se rend pas!"
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: Malagant

It shows up red because the planes take up so little cargo space, it's almost a divide by zero thing. It's red because it thinks you're using way too much shipping for a very small load. It is safe to ignore than warning when loading planes, IME.

There are other instances when you should ignore the red text.

When you don't have sufficient troops space and use cargo space to carry troops the text will be red because you don't have adequate troop space even though the load confirmation screen shows the LCU as 100% loaded.

It IS 100% loaded and the text being red is meaningless.
Hans

zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

danke Hans.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”