Need help with Air Support....

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

GBS

Need help with Air Support....

Post by GBS »

In the Italian campaign I have moved air units to several bases on Sicily but after three turns I still show zero air support. Is there anything I can do to influence the buildup of support. A few bases have added some air support but most remain at zero. An odd thing... some air units seem to be flying missions even without support. What gives here?
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
KenchiSulla

RE: Need help with Air Support....

Post by KenchiSulla »

Do you have them set to TOE AUTO? If that doesn't work you can set the TOE manually to 30-40%.. That should draw about 120 Aviation support within a turn
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

You can check air base supply detail screen to check what could be missing.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Had the same problem. Was lack of supply. For some reason some of the bases had a supply priority of 0.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”