Game Markers and SAM Radar

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

kool_kat

Game Markers and SAM Radar

Post by kool_kat »

Gents: [8D]

Many thanks for an excellent game! I have a few PBeM matches underway and enjoying myself immensely! [:)]

Will future patch releases address the following items?

(1.) Game markers to denote location of suspected HQ units. Currently, players have to make separate pad and pencil notations.

(2.) Ability to turn "off" SAM radar. Currently, the SAM radar is always "on" resulting in the unit being spotted. If players don't keep their SAM units constantly in motion, they will die from enemy artillery barrages the minute they stop moving.
Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein
CapnDarwin

RE: Game Markers and SAM Radar

Post by CapnDarwin »

MW, both items are on our 2.1 game engine list. For the second point, I would like to add a SOP for frequency of detecting, simple slider from on a little to on a lot. The player will need to decide the basic risk and reward profile of looking for air targets versus being detected and possible attacked by SEAD strikes.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”