Switching sides

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

aariediger

Switching sides

Post by aariediger »

I was wondering if it would be possible to switch sides in an on going game vs the AI. My thinking was, being able to play PBEM with tactical battles, where you play your offensive battles and the AI defends for you. Does anyone know if this is possible, perhaps by editing a save game file and then emailing it?
aariediger

RE: Switching sides

Post by aariediger »

I found this old thread:
(actually it won't let me link to it, despite being on this forum, it's called 'Changing sides mid-game???' under modding)

and using it, I was able to edit the save game in Wordpad and was able to change sides and run a turn. On a separate note, it allowed me to purchase improved Springfields for the South, so all the bugs aren't ironed out yet.

Anyway, my plan was to attempt to change this We-Go game into a you-go-I-go format, by having each player play one turn against the AI, and then switching sides. So, preferably I would like to disable the strategic AI for this, while leaving the tactical AI intact. I am going to attempt to build an excel macro that could switch the save game for you with the click of a button, instead of searching through a hugely long text file to change two numbers.

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”