Soft Factor supply v unit supply display

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

RockKahn

Soft Factor supply v unit supply display

Post by RockKahn »

The color of the triangle in the upper left doesn't seem to jibe with the units' supply percents.

Example: As shown in the image, the soft factor (light green) indicates the 2 regiments have over 85% supply and the division (dark green) has 71-85%, but the unit displays indicate they each have only 31%.

What am I missing?

Attachments
Capture2.jpg
Capture2.jpg (37.76 KiB) Viewed 76 times
I don't write Universal Law. I just live by it.
Timotheus

RE: Soft Factor supply v unit supply display

Post by Timotheus »

Dude.

tm.asp?m=3773370

Dear morvael:
Morwa, co ty kur** (rhyme!) robisz? To jest absolutnie bonkers [:D]
This has been obligatory Polish language lesson for y'all.

Anyway, our illustrious and brilliant programmers/devs decided to display super accurate supply/fuel situation, which due to it being super complicated, results in a 100% supplied unit showing up as 40% supplied, which is realistic and super which is good.

Works as intended.

Me, being an idiot, would like a 100% supplied unit to show up with a 100% supply and not with, say, 40% supply, but this game is made for folks who are much more [font="Tahoma"]grognard [/font]than me.

But because the dev is such a nice kolega, he will fix it so that us lesser mortals will see a 100% supplied unit show up in game with 100% supply in the next patch-aroni, so that even a not-so-grognerdy person like myself will be able to understand the supply situation.
NEWBIE GUIDE Distant Worlds Universe
http://tinyurl.com/k3frrle

War in the Pacific Poradnik po Polsku
http://tinyurl.com/nxd4cesh

INSTALL WITPAE on modern PC
https://tinyurl.com/l5kr6rl
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: RockKahn

The color of the triangle in the upper left doesn't seem to jibe with the units' supply percents.

Example: As shown in the image, the soft factor (light green) indicates the 2 regiments have over 85% supply and the division (dark green) has 71-85%, but the unit displays indicate they each have only 31%.

What am I missing?

in effect, the supply on counter is what was left in the unit when you start your part of the game turn. That means the supply allocation and usage elements have been run (all those various messages you see when you press end turn).

If a unit is around 35-40% then it had all the supply it needed and that indicates a healthy stock. Best check is to open up the controlling HQ and click on 'supply'. You'll see if (a) that HQ actually had enough supply to pass on and (b) if overall (global supply) you have enough supply for your entire army
morvael

Post by morvael »

Supply soft factor includes ammo, therefore it shows better "color code".

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”