National Morale

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Dante Fierro

National Morale

Post by Dante Fierro »

Reading through the Morale rules I was struck by how much "National Morale" plays a role in the kind of morale changes a unit may be subject too. And yet, I could find nowhere in the games' interface an easy way to look up a unit's National Morale. Is there a way? Or the only reference available is in the rulebook table 9.1.3.

Helpless

RE: National Morale

Post by Helpless »

Afaik, the only place you can check is the editor nation tab. We can probably print it in the event log during the game.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
paullus99

Post by paullus99 »

Does "National Morale" affect all units identically?

I only ask because certain German Units, particularly the SS (I'm thinking the 12th SS Panzer for example) were pretty much known for ignoring the overall bleak war situation.
Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon...
Jajusha

Post by Jajusha »

If i read it right,
SS units get a +15 morale bonus
SS Motorized units get a +25 morale bonus

Check 9.2.1 on the manual
paullus99

Post by paullus99 »

Missed it - thank you!
Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon...
Dante Fierro

Post by Dante Fierro »

ORIGINAL: Helpless

Afaik, the only place you can check is the editor nation tab. We can probably print it in the event log during the game.

That would be nice. I just thought it was curious you could only find it in the manual (or editor). It would be easier having it readily available thru game interface. A little more chrome I guess. Thx.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”