User Data Questions

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

IronMikeGolf

User Data Questions

Post by IronMikeGolf »

OK, so I am working on J-Series MTOE for US forces. In a BFV equipped mech plt, you have 2 9 man squads, compose of two fireteams (four fireteams in the plt). So, each fireteam rides in a BFV.

The challenge I have is the fireteams are not the same. One has 1 x M249 SAW and the other has 2. The 2 man Dragon team is split between the two teams.

In the unit formations, if you specify a unit multiple times, the scenario editor just sums them all up. Meaning:
INF-ME*2, INF-ME*2 is the same as INF-ME*4. So I can't choose one type of team for each.

So, I made two new SU Types: INF-MEA and INF-MEB to reflect each and to be able to choose each for the plt in the scenario editor. I assigned the Dragon to one team only (basically saying where the tracker is, and discounting the ability of the assistant gunner to take over). The Scenario Editor did not like that until I also repeated the SU Type as the CompID value for each.

Now, all seems fine, until there are casualties. These fireteams show up as "Utility" types.

I can live with that, unless not being a combat arms type of subunit affects other things (like VP ownership calculations).

Please advise.
Jeff
Sua Sponte
CapnDarwin

RE: User Data Questions

Post by CapnDarwin »

Jeff, you can specify a particular unit using the Tag ID from the platform sheet. So you could do US54*2, US68*2 for example. Using the correct unit values of course.

You can not create new SU Types. Those are hard coded. You can make custom CompIDs and call those in your formations.

Hope that helps.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
IronMikeGolf

RE: User Data Questions

Post by IronMikeGolf »

Oh, specifying by TagID is just fine. Not looking to make a plt formation that spans decades.

Thanks, Jim!

BTW, I am planning vacation for Origins and look forward to meeting folks.
Jeff
Sua Sponte

Return to “Tech Support”