Possible SU glitch

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Qitbuqa

Possible SU glitch

Post by Qitbuqa »

I had a rather weird happening with SUs getting attached to one of the units, that was created when breaking down 5th ID. Going to attach a screenshot.

Attachments
SUs.jpg
SUs.jpg (499.2 KiB) Viewed 66 times
swkuh

RE: Possible SU glitch

Post by swkuh »

Definitely weird! Number of allowed attachments, type of units, unit designations, and data overlays are wrong. Developers please note.
Qitbuqa

Post by Qitbuqa »

So I reformed 5th ID again and those SUs are still attached to the said ID. I won't return them to corps on this turn in order to check, maby they will go back to corps on their own after I choose to conclude my turn.

Attachments
SUs2.jpg
SUs2.jpg (489.53 KiB) Viewed 64 times
morvael

Post by morvael »

I guess the breakdown unit could have taken a slot previously occupied by a HQ. Could you confirm that?
Qitbuqa

Post by Qitbuqa »

ORIGINAL: morvael

I guess the breakdown unit could have taken a slot previously occupied by a HQ. Could you confirm that?
I presume the bold number that is at a top right hand corner is the slot number, am I not correct? In case I'm correct, the V Corps is number 506. In case I'm not correct, I'd be glad to check it, if I can get a few hints on how to check what you were asking me to check.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Yes, unit on the first picture has id 515. It would be interesting to know at which point the SUs become attached to id 515. Did they appear exactly after split?
Qitbuqa

Post by Qitbuqa »

Yes, unit on the first picture has id 515. It would be interesting to know at which point the SUs become attached to id 515. Did they appear exactly after split?
Screenshot was taken at turn 6 just after the 5th ID was split into regiments.

If I recall correctly, same turn (or perhaps turn before that) I shifted various SUs between corps and armies. I can't recall the names of the exact SUs, perhaps these SUs somehow ended ub getting attached to that specific unit. What I can remember though, I didn't shift around AFV SUs at turn 6.

I can send you a save file of turn 7 from that PBEM and give my password, if that would be of any help.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Best would be a save from turn 5 and 6 and 7, so I could replicate the split. Send anything you have.
morvael

Post by morvael »

In scenario data I see slot 515 occupied by VI Corps and the SU you see attached to the division were attached to VI Corps. The question is what did happen to your VI Corps?
morvael

Post by morvael »

5th ID is from slot 507. 514 is free, 515 is occupied by VI Corps.
After split 1/5th remains 507, 2/5th takes 514 (first free), 3/5th takes 529 (second free).
Somehow in your case 3/5th ended up in slot 515, and the SU attached to VI Corps were still there, even though VI Corps was no more.
When I disbanded VI Corps its SU properly ended up in 3rd Panzer Group (parent HQ). So this is not because of disband.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Most important to determine is now what happened with VI Corps in your game.
Qitbuqa

Post by Qitbuqa »

Best would be a save from turn 5 and 6 and 7, so I could replicate the split. Send anything you have.
I've got only turn 7 before my moves which I've sent you just now. I've got both turns 5 and 6, but they are after I've ended my turn, so they are SHC moves. Are they of any use to you?
morvael

Post by morvael »

I got the save and know what is the problem. It's a smaller scenario and off-map units were not erased but changed to delay 999. Splitting units takes the slot of a delay 999 VI Corps, and the SUs attached to it (also with delay 999) show up in the list. We had similar issue with delay>250 SUs attached to cities always showing. I think in most cases those units do not take part in battles but just to be sure I will disallow splitting units to take slots occupied by delay>250 units.

Return to “Tech Support”