Playability problems on Windows tablet

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Slitherine

Kuokkanen

Playability problems on Windows tablet

Post by Kuokkanen »

I just gave test-run for Windows version of Battle Academy Demo 2.5 on Acer hybrid tablet with Windows 8.1. I tried to play the game only with the stylus (broad cushioned point) and it has some issues. Most left-click functions seem to work with it, EXCEPT the command icons. So with stylus I touch on square I want to move an unit, command icons appear, I point on move fast, but command does not go across to the unit! I had to attach keyboard & touchpad to the tablet so I could use touchpad's buttons to click on order icons. That works, straight touch on the touchscreen doesn't. In addition I couldn't use stylus to select a unit while another unit was active.

Does full version of the game have these problems? Has Battle Academy 2 inherited these problems as well? Would it be too much to ask to patch up these problems and possible other problems with touchscreen tablets?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
PipFromSlitherine

RE: Playability problems on Windows tablet

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

Touchscreen support has been something on our wishlist for a while, others have asked for it certainly. But we have not had time to implement it.

I will ask, are you playing in Left Only or L/R mouse button mode? Just to check :)

One thing to note is that holding down over a friendly unit can be a better way to select in this kind of situation as it ignores any potential orders (such as turn).

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

Touchscreen support has been something on our wishlist for a while, others have asked for it certainly. But we have not had time to implement it.
Does this apply to Battle Academy 2 as well?
I will ask, are you playing in Left Only or L/R mouse button mode? Just to check :)
Default settings all around. Except shadows, which I turned off for better performance.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

We have not specifically upgraded BA2 for touch play, no.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Thank you for answers. That'll be all.

MekWars

Return to “Tech Support”