If I did not have XNA framework installed

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Justtheguybob

If I did not have XNA framework installed

Post by Justtheguybob »

I Noticed A huge bit of lag later on in the game after 4-5 hours.. So i began to search for why.. It turns out i did not have xna installed

Could this cause a significant performance drain?

Thanks for any answers.

(I Just now installed it and am going to test it will take me a while but an answer would still be nice just so I know for the future if having it vs not having it would cause a performance issue)

However after installing / testing it with xna (Previously had no issues) I am now getting this error with just the base vanilla game (My gpu and all drivers are up to date)

---------------------------
Error
An error has occurred. Distant Worlds will now exit.

Details of the error are below:

Error Code: ProcGx

System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsHelpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.CreateTexture(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean mipMap, UInt32 usage, _D3DPOOL pool, SurfaceFormat format)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean mipMap, SurfaceFormat format)

at DistantWorlds.XnaDrawingHelper.FastBitmapToTexture(GraphicsDevice graphics, Bitmap bitmap, Boolean useAlternateBuffer)

at DistantWorlds.XnaDrawingHelper.FastBitmapToTexture(GraphicsDevice graphics, Bitmap bitmap)

at DistantWorlds.Controls.MainView.DrawMainViewXna()

at DistantWorlds.Main.ProgramLoop()
OK

Ive since then reinstalled the game from my SSD ( Which has 76 gb free) to on to my Hard drive which has 811 gb free

Got this crash

Error
An error has occurred. Distant Worlds will now exit.

Details of the error are below:

Error Code: GxEmP

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

at System.Array.Resize[T](T[]& array, Int32 newSize)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.InternalDraw(Texture2D texture, Vector4& destination, Boolean scaleDestination, Nullable`1& sourceRectangle, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2& origin, SpriteEffects effects, Single depth)

at DistantWorlds.XnaDrawingHelper.DrawLine(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Vector2 vector1, Vector2 vector2, Color color, Int32 lineThickness, Boolean dashed, Texture2D arrowHeadTexture)

at DistantWorlds.XnaDrawingHelper.DrawLine(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Single x1, Single y1, Single x2, Single y2, Color color, Int32 lineThickness, Boolean dashed, Texture2D arrowHeadTexture)

at DistantWorlds.Controls.MainView.QaGaRuAnapQ(SpriteBatch , Empire , Double , Int32 , Int32 , Int32 , Int32 )

at DistantWorlds.Controls.MainView.VayaRPv5lvB(SpriteBatch , SpriteBatch , Int32 , Int32 , Int32 , Int32 , Double , Int32 )

at DistantWorlds.Controls.MainView.DrawMainViewXna()

at DistantWorlds.Main.ProgramLoop()
OK

Heres a dxdiag
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(56.35 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
twinkypillow

RE: If I did not have XNA framework installed

Post by twinkypillow »

what the hell.. sounds like you uninstalled XNA framework. haha.

Justtheguybob

Post by Justtheguybob »

ORIGINAL: pumkinfacer22

what the hell.. sounds like you uninstalled XNA framework. haha.

Ya its really weird... I did a repair on it and now it seems to be working but its still very laggy / stuttery on the max galaxy late game (maxed stars/size).. Talking to a guy on steam he said he has no lag at all with a 3.3 ghz cpu.. idk maybe im on drugs ive tried my computer in a non overclocked state and it overclocked at 4.5 Ghz and it still is super has problems.

Ive tried changing my ram settings also..

At any rate heres a full spec of my computer
Windows 7
Intel Core i7 3970X @4.5 (I tried at its base clock speed,it made it even slower)
16Gb (4x4) Gskill Ripjaws X 1600Mhz F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL
16.0GB DDR3 @ 800MHz (Its really 1600 MhZ just the way the program puts it)
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. X79-UP4
22EA53 (1920x1080@60Hz)
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (EVGA) 31 °C
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (EVGA) 26 °C
ForceWare version: 347.09
SLI Disabled
238GB ATA Samsung SSD 840 SCSI Disk Device (SSD) 29 °C
112GB ATA Corsair Force GT SCSI Disk Device (SSD) 29 °C
2795GB ATA ST3000NC002-1DY1 SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 33 °C
Realtek High Definition Audio

(Just to simplify the dxdiag)

Gonna leave it running over night at 4x speed and see if I get a crash when I wake up.. (On a smaller galaxy size just to see what happens)
twinkypillow

Post by twinkypillow »

Ok, GET BACK over to steam and ask that guy to post and give you his exact system with all info!! i need that.

I can't post on steam cause I don't have the steam version.. can you believe that shit? i can't post on a forum cause i don't have the "steam" version of the game.. anyway whatever..

but i don't really believe that guy either. I have a very similar system like yours.. 840 Evo, 16 gigs ram.. i7 4700mq... 2 gig nvidia 755m

anyway get his specs.. even maybe ask him to use speccy and send you the snapshot.. anything..

but then come back here and post his system
.. maybe even ask him what he has tweaked..

pretty please?
twinkypillow

Post by twinkypillow »

also after you get all that info from him, send me your save game.. i can try it..

although you have it modded yes? believe it or not, i have been playing vanilla universe. updated to latest of course..

Justtheguybob

Post by Justtheguybob »

ORIGINAL: pumkinfacer22

also after you get all that info from him, send me your save game.. i can try it..

although you have it modded yes? believe it or not, i have been playing vanilla universe. updated to latest of course..

I asked him he has a 3.3 Ghz cpu non oced. Mine is 3.5 non oced and still lags like crazy my specs were far better in every way than his. I am baffled. I think he is just trolling tbh.
twinkypillow

Post by twinkypillow »

Look, every system has bottlenecks,

you need to know his motherboard exact model and exact model ram etc.. just out of curiosity..

maybe he has the latest greatest MSI motherboard with some features that make it superspeed hyper technology or whatever..

***Edit** see next post below for latest *****
here is the latest i could find right now. check these out
MSI z97 gaming 5, ASRock z97 fatal1ty stuff, ASUS Maximus (i bet these are already old now)

http://rog.asus.com/316922014/asus-gami ... rformance/

(i'm sure these aren't the latest out right now..)

but i also think he is kinda lying. everybody gets lag late game with this coding/programming..

my problems are as such in my posted below pic.. "unknown" ram?? come on.. you know those timings are crappy on that bad puppy..-and a lenovo motherboard. yikes. i dont even want to know my Front-side-bus and settings on this thing.

*older links but give you the idea*
http://www.computershopper.com/feature/ ... therboard4
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/motherboard4.htm

thats all i got for now..

Attachments
bottlenecks.jpg
bottlenecks.jpg (81.59 KiB) Viewed 183 times
twinkypillow

Post by twinkypillow »

ok just found the most crazy speed and most costing motherboard and cpu for no lag gaming.. here you go.

Rampage V extreme
http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_V_EXTREME/

Cpu

http://ark.intel.com/products/82930/Int ... o-3_50-GHz

Ram
http://www.gskill.com/en/products (whichever but most expensive buy..)

SSD Harddrive
http://www.gskill.com/en/finder?cat=265&series=2307

now you go play largest map 47 empires and tell me if you get lag?

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”