Majority of Pilots sent back to the reserve?

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

marion61

Majority of Pilots sent back to the reserve?

Post by marion61 »

This is a server game. It's been very poor weather for several turns, north and south so on a previous turn I had declared a holiday from the war for a week and put them all on rest. The next turn, I see that I'm missing the majority of my planes, and the reason I have no planes is because the AI thought the war was over and put the majority of my pilots back into the pool, which caused most of my planes to end up in reserve. This has cost me two turns of bombing, and they are supplied, and have support. I used add pilots to add them back to the groups the previous turn, and still most of my planes are sitting in reserve.

8.2 Pilots will remain assigned to an air group unit unless they are either killed in action or the air group unit is disbanded.

For some reason it's not filling the air groups back up from the pool, I had to do it manually.

Attachments
airreport.jpg
airreport.jpg (276.98 KiB) Viewed 54 times
Helpless

RE: Majority of Pilots sent back to the reserve?

Post by Helpless »

Theoretically pilots are not sent back to the pool. It might be hard to replicate it with server game. I'll take a look.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
marion61

Post by marion61 »

Thanks. It's just tedious having to check the computer's homework every turn. [;)]
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

I don't see pilots going back to the pool. It really looks as you are getting some aircraft repaired during air execution at faster rate than pilot replacement, so planes with no pilots go to the reserve.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
marion61

Post by marion61 »

Thank you Pavel. I would put new pilots into empty aircrew slots, and the next turn I would have over 7k US aircrew in the pool again, so I assumed they were just being returned since most of 15th Air Force bombers went into reserve.

Return to “Tech Support”