O boy... What a game

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

KenchiSulla

O boy... What a game

Post by KenchiSulla »

All,

I just finished turn 9 in a 1943-1945 learning PBEM with Mkeens... I'm having so much fun. Even if there is no ground combat there is so much tweak, organize and shift.. And it is so much fun to optimize supply lines, routes, sorting the mess that it is the rear. This is one of the few games that really makes me think about the difficulties the commanders were facing so many years ago..

This game engine can only grow...

Cannonfodder

AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
cmunson

RE: O boy... What a game

Post by cmunson »

I feel your joy. 2by3 does such a great job with weather, logistics and the like you really get the feel of being in command and dealing with the issues other games give such little thought too.
Chris
NotOneStepBack

Post by NotOneStepBack »

Agreed, it is a great game, much better than WITE!
JWW

Post by JWW »

I am playing a 43-44 Italy scenario, Salerno to Rome to be exact, and floundering my way through it and enjoying the hell out of it. Learning as I go, which is the only way to do it.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”