Size matters

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

rroberson

Size matters

Post by rroberson »

Just got my game manual in today. Holy crap that thing is gigantic.

Glad I ordered it!
MisterBoats

RE: Size matters

Post by MisterBoats »

I have serious manual envy.
Blond_Knight

Post by Blond_Knight »

So how about you show us those model boxes you have there? :)
rroberson

Post by rroberson »

lol I'm a novice modeler currently I have a couple of 190s, a 110, a Junkers and an ardo under construction...as well as a wildcat.
MisterBoats

Post by MisterBoats »

I'm working on Revell's 1/32 He111P. I'll have to mount it on the wall, as it's too big for a tabletop display. Unless someone wants to trade a WITW manual for it.... [8|]
rroberson

Post by rroberson »

Nice bird....all that canopy painting would intimidate the hell out of me. I have a couple of bombers that have been sitting on my shelf waiting for me to muster the courage to paint the canopies.
warshipbuilder

Post by warshipbuilder »

Check around you can find lots of pre-cut masks for the canopies, for ease of painting. Or get some Tamiya tape and just tape off the windows individually. It takes a while, but at least you won't have any overage, so be brave and tackle those bombers.
warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/
Blond_Knight

Post by Blond_Knight »

Sigh. I remember building Tamiya 1/35 armor when I could see detail up close, and didn't have helpful cats.
Good times.
rroberson

Post by rroberson »

ORIGINAL: Blond_Knight

Sigh. I remember building Tamiya 1/35 armor when I could see detail up close, and didn't have helpful cats.
Good times.

Building and painting with my two Huskies interesting to say the least.
rroberson

Post by rroberson »

ORIGINAL: Blond_Knight

Good times.

Yeah i have begun the hunt for tape masks...I have used them on a couple of birds (finished a 1/72 il2 recently) to good use.

MisterBoats

Post by MisterBoats »

I don't know if I can post links here, but genessis models (with the extra "s") has outstanding video tutorials on masking canopies. Everything else, too.

As for the manual, I hope it will be offered as a stand-alone purchase at some point. Like the WIF map pack. The PDF is fine, but I wish I had bought the boxed version.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”