When can King Tigers be used?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

jzardos

When can King Tigers be used?

Post by jzardos »

It's October 1944. Does anybody know when a unit will be available to use the King Tiger I have piling up in my German warehouses? Seems a bit silly that I can't use these yet, especially when I'm not building Tigers anymore. This means I have several Hvy Panzer units that can't refit with Tigers because the Germans aren't making this late in war. Shouldn't these Hvy Pz units be able to use the King Tigers? I know by Dec 44 the Germans historically used King Tigers at the Battle of the Bugle.

thanks

Attachments
kt.jpg
kt.jpg (22.77 KiB) Viewed 29 times
Steelers708

RE: When can King Tigers be used?

Post by Steelers708 »

Well they first saw combat in July 1944, so you should have been able to use them by now.
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

Do you have any Heavy Panzer Bns in your OOB? Where are they? The King Tiger TOE is available from 6/44.

Remember replacements arrive as freight and King Tigers are big beasts - try withdrawing the Bns to OKW or Army Group level.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
jzardos

Post by jzardos »

ORIGINAL: Red Lancer

Do you have any Heavy Panzer Bns in your OOB? Where are they? The King Tiger TOE is available from 6/44.

Remember replacements arrive as freight and King Tigers are big beasts - try withdrawing the Bns to OKW or Army Group level.

All though I understand your logic, but that would be I can never get King Tigers to the east front? Have tried to REFIT Heavy Pz Bns there. So not sure that makes sense?

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”