City Supply

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Rommel76

City Supply

Post by Rommel76 »

"Units may obtain supplies or fuel directly from one city or urban hex if they are in the hexagon or adjacent to it.
The units other than the headquarters can only do so in the second subsegment of supply, while headquarters units
General can do both subsegments "manual version 1.06.04 .... I do not understand why there are cities that supply HQs and ground combat units when they are far away and with fully damaged rail head ... you know if a modification a patch?

Greetings !, great game !!
Huw Jones

RE: City Supply

Post by Huw Jones »

I would imagine its because of confiscation/looting.

Although I expect its only a nominal amount.
micheljq

Post by micheljq »

I had units encircled in Minsk, but i seem to remember they did not last long and their combat value was quite low. I was expecting them to fight better..

Michel.
Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815
Rommel76

Post by Rommel76 »

ok, but it is not logical that if the city is disconnected from the railroad should not be able to supply any ground unit.

Thanks!
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: Rommel76

ok, but it is not logical that if the city is disconnected from the railroad should not be able to supply any ground unit.

Thanks!

it depends a bit on how much supply a city produces. You'll see this at Leningrad (or Moscow) that encircled units hang around a few turns with some supply. In essence a Soviet rifle division takes 100-120 supply per turn, so if a city produces less than that, the gain is minimal compared to having no supply source. So its only the really big supply producing cities that can sustain encircled units.

the bigger issue is that units surrounded collapse to 1cv in a single turn, but that is not something that will be fixed in this iteration of the game.
Rommel76

Post by Rommel76 »

I have found that a combat unit receives supplies of a city that is more than 40 hexs and far over +20 MP, the question is that this city supplies its HQ Corps, why?
morvael

Post by morvael »

Limitation of the supply system. Range (and penalties associated) is actually calculated to the nearest railhead, but the city shown is always the same for HQ and its children.
Rommel76

Post by Rommel76 »

Ok thanks ;)

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”