Custom Unit/ Delta template, import/export help help

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

mb

Custom Unit/ Delta template, import/export help help

Post by mb »

Hi Everyone.

First, thank you for all your help.

My question is two part. 1. Can I save custom modified units and simply import/export them into other scenarios without having to redo everything. 2. can I do this without having to use the notepad method and simply the import/export units with delta template.

I have created some custom units (adding sensors, weapons, etc). I have read posts about modifying them and saving them (saving with a delta template and making sure the unit ID's match), and was able to save one, a carrier, but whenever I try to save a plane or sub, it doesn't work.

My process is this:

creating/Saving unit:

1. Modify unit
2. Save scenario.
3. save unit with the export/import save items button in the editor.
4. save delta template.

Importing special unit into desired scenario:

1. load wanted scenario.
2. import special unit.
3. apply special unit saved delta template.

Again, it works for the carrier I made with all the sensors and weapons, and aircraft I want but when I try to do the same process for subs, planes or facilities, it doesn't work. I have tried looking at the unit ids in notepad and they match.

I am lost so...PLEASE help!!

Thank you.
Rudd

RE: Custom Unit/ Delta template, import/export help help

Post by Rudd »

1. Can I save custom modified units and simply import/export them into other scenarios without having to redo everything.
I believe the import/export is just for stock DB units, have you tried this ? A bit of a pain but you can keep your mods from sandbox to sandbox.
mb

Post by mb »

I have tried yes, but maybe I am a little lost on it.

I get the generate delta template part but lose it with the "The “user” will “Generate Template” from the “SBR”.". How do you do that? I only know of load scenario, generate template from the current scenario and apply ABR.

Furthermore, from my understanding, the point of that process is that the SBR template unit's ID matches with the scenarios unit ID, in which case mine do match...but still with no luck with the intended units modifications.

I appreciate your help...i just don't know what to do.
Rudd

Post by Rudd »

The "creator" is the process of making the modified unit and sharing it.
The "user" part is copying the mods to a new scenario
Creator
1. Make your modified unit, the CV18/19 for example, using the base 1975 Nimitz DB#1967
2. Generate Delta Template
3. Open that Delta Template up with the notepad
4. Copy the info in "black" from that part of the notepad thread I gave above

Now when you make your next scenario, it must first have a unit with the same DB ID, this example uses DB#1967

User
1. Generate Template
2. Open that new Template
3. Paste above info where stated in thread
4. Now apply this template to your scenario

I'm having a hard time explaining, sorry I'll have to think more about this

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”