Production Mods

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

vaned74

Production Mods

Post by vaned74 »

Juan's Allied aircraft production mod using political points to buy out new air groups and frames got me wondering after a long time of not playing AE.

Could an "offline" production module be built using something like the Tracker interface? It obviously already knows how to pull all the in game data. Security would still be achievable as the only access would be via the game password - like Tracker works now. Something like the following:

1) Allies can expend PPs or perhaps HI points (generated at various sites, by nationality) to buy ships, "convoys", air groups, land units. These are already in the database just set to a far future entry date and the entry date is adjusted based on the expenditure of HI/PP.

2) One could also modify Japanese production to be more realistic - eg blueprint ships, etc and place in realistic production weightings - for example a small late war submarine costs as much HI as several destroyers which is unrealistic.

Thoughts? With something like this off-line production application (perhaps only run once/twice per month) then the modders could really open up a very historical production model. This combined with the latest DBB air and ASW models might make for the most historical of games.
wdolson

RE: Production Mods

Post by wdolson »

I don't know exactly what you're talking about with late war Japanese submarines, but the I-400 class were the largest subs built to date. They were 6500 tons, which is significantly more than the 1250 tons of the Matsu class destroyers. They should take more HI to build. Now R-boats and transport subs are a different matter, they were fairly small. Most of the other I-boats (the regular fleet subs) were about the same tonnage as an IJN late war destroyer.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”