Your soundtrack for Command?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

kansleri

Your soundtrack for Command?

Post by kansleri »

Roll Tide from Crimson Tide is most approriate for Command and generally I play Hans Zimmer soundtracks from Spotify when playing. They have proper seriousness for Command. Would post direct link to "Roll Tide", but forum software says I don't have enough posts.
Primarchx

RE: Your soundtrack for Command?

Post by Primarchx »

Blues guitar is my usual go to. Stevie Ray Vaughn, Albert King, Robert Cray, Buddy Guy, B.B. King, et al.
Pergite!

Post by Pergite! »

Usually something ambient, dark and ominous like;
http://open.spotify.com/album/4rUUqub7MPuzNe1yEA17pr

With the sea-hag sounds running as well it gives a rather serious mood to the game.
bromstarzan

Post by bromstarzan »

Sound track from Medal of Honor: Allied assault (the first game). For some reason Neil Young also works with me...
Coiler12

Post by Coiler12 »

I listen to all kinds of music playing Command, but my specially marked "playlist" is a mixture of orchestral march-styled music and dark, ambient electronic ones. (The latter is especially fitting in sub scenarios).
Swedelicious

Post by Swedelicious »

Ride of the Valkyries, ofcourse. On repeat.
CV60

Post by CV60 »

Victory at Sea, (http://www.amazon.com/Victory-At-Sea-RE ... ory+at+sea)

Symphonic Battle Scenes (http://www.amazon.com/Symphonic-Battle- ... B000003G1X)

and anything by Al Stewart.
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln
ClaudeJ

Post by ClaudeJ »

John Murphy's Sunshine and 28 Weeks Later soundtracks, Star Trek Into Darkness's soundtrack, Battlestar Galactica all seasons's soundtrack for my latest sessions. Of course, Basil Poledouris's Hunt for Red October soundtrack cannot remain unmentioned. Some Red Army's Choir also create a nice atmosphere.

Along that, I usually go for 19/20th century German, Czech, Russian composer's best off (TopClassicalMusic) or to contemporary "composers" (aka DJ) ala deadmau5 (thanks Baloogan!) and Skrillex.

Depending on the mood, I may prefer to play some progressive metal band ala Outrun the sunlight, Tool and so forth.

All that can be found on Youtube.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4 Go, Windows 10 64bits, 32 GB RAM, Regional settings = French, Belgium
(Previously known as JanMasters0n)
hellfish6

Post by hellfish6 »

kexp.org or my rdio.com station.
MrLink

Post by MrLink »

I might be the odd one out here as when playing command I tend to avoid music with the proper "seriousness" as the OP says. Instead, I listen to La Cenerentola the 1981 version, which is a very weird subject matter for command, but it works for me [:D]

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”