8.3.1.2 ZOC

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

zuluhour

8.3.1.2 ZOC

Post by zuluhour »

Brain malfunction: IJA LCUs evacuate Imphal to the SW. The hex side shows joint control (to me). I cannot follow directly to the SW? Can the IJA return to Imphal to the NE?

witpqs

RE: 8.3.1.2 ZOC

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

Brain malfunction: IJA LCUs evacuate Imphal to the SW. The hex side shows joint control (to me). I cannot follow directly to the SW? Yes, you can. Can the IJA return to Imphal to the NE? Yes, they can.

It is the hex side within the hex the unit is in that matters to that unit for movement purposes.
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

won't let me move to the SW. anyone. says no destination set. %$#@!
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

Logged out of game, on the third time it allowed me to move a BF I did not want to move, then allowed the division to move. I'll zip the turn and ask M. Thank you sir. It happened to me in China as well.
EHansen

Post by EHansen »

I have had this problem also, it seems to be exactly where in the destination hex you click.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

You cannot go back to Imphal as the Allies control both the internal and external hexside of that location (move to the NW). It is hard to tell from the picture of the border, but to control a hexside there needs to be a LCU with a CV >0 to flip them to your control. So if the units in the SW hex have no CV then you do not control that hexside. And you cannot leave an enemy contested hex unless you control both the internal and external hexside of the direction you want to go. In this case SW.

By moving the BF across the that hexside, that 'flipped' the control of both hexsides to your control so then the LCU you originally wanted to move can now move.

At least is what I see happened based on the information you gave so far.

Is this a PBEM game out of curiosity? If this is against the AI just wondered what the date is. Hopefully '45 [:)]
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: EHansen

I have had this problem also, it seems to be exactly where in the destination hex you click.
This is a bug they have never been able to find & fix. Yes, play around with where in the destination hex you click and that should take care of it.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

You cannot go back to Imphal as the Allies control both the internal and external hexside of that location (move to the NW). It is hard to tell from the picture of the border, but to control a hexside there needs to be a LCU with a CV >0 to flip them to your control. So if the units in the SW hex have no CV then you do not control that hexside. And you cannot leave an enemy contested hex unless you control both the internal and external hexside of the direction you want to go. In this case SW.

By moving the BF across the that hexside, that 'flipped' the control of both hexsides to your control so then the LCU you originally wanted to move can now move.

Is this a PBEM game out of curiosity? If this is against the AI just wondered what the date is. Hopefully '45 [:)]
No - you are seeing the colors wrong. The Allies control the internal hex side at Imphal, the Japanese control the external. Have a closer look.
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

Ah Hah! eureka moment. It does appear to be the area in the hex.
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

ORIGINAL: EHansen

This is a bug they have never been able to find & fix. Yes, play around with where in the destination hex you click and that should take care of it.

I think the bug problem is when you click on the crossed swords at least it seem that way to me in my experiences. Never really thought of it as a bug though.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

No - you are seeing the colors wrong. The Allies control the internal hex side at Imphal, the Japanese control the external. Have a closer look.

Well your eyes are better than mine lol. Thanks for the correction [:)]
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

For when I need it with AE, I have a magnifying glass handy! [:D]
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

I used to have this problem and always when you have several units in the same hex, and when the battle swords are present..You will get the error message that "no hex was picked"..It is the placement of your mouse movement cursor as mentioned above..

crsutton

Post by crsutton »

This is a rare bug that sometimes shows up. Technically you should be able to move out of Imphal to the SW. And the units that have moved out can move into any of the surrounding hexes, but if the Allies units stay put that unit would not be able to move out of any of the four hexes containing Allied units as they control the remaining hexsides and their presence in the hex will prevent you from moving out save by the route you moved in.

A way around the bug is to try and target the units at Imphal to move two hexes away instead of the stubborn adjacent hex. Most of the time this will work. In fact most of the time you can the change it back to the original adjacent hex once any other hex has been accepted.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”