I have no idea what I am doing but 3 questions

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

pvthudson01

I have no idea what I am doing but 3 questions

Post by pvthudson01 »

1) Is it wise to move HQ's? I want the railroads repaired but which HQ's should I not move? the ones with 4 x's ?

2) Can you select multiple hexes to move a bunch of units at once?

3) Can I trust the AI to handle the obscure supply rules and TOE refit stuff? I dont want to deal with that since it is a mystery even to vets how this works

The manual is pretty bad. It really explains nothing to a new player and makes no sense (but they go their 80 bucks so its probably not a perogative to fix this). So hopefully these questions arent too dumb.

Matrix Member since 2003!
Commanderski

RE: I have no idea what I am doing but 3 questions

Post by Commanderski »

1. Which HQ's are you referring to? The Corps HQ should always be moved to be within range of their divisions. You can assign Construction units to the Security HQ's and move them around as you need.

2. No

3. to get the most out of your Refits it's better to do it manually. The AI doesn't always upgrade to the newest equipment.

In addition to the manual you should read the Change log from the updates and look through the forum for any questions you may have as lot's of new players have asked lot's of questions and have been answered by the players and developers. Also look at the tutorial video which is found in the War room section of the forum.
pvthudson01

Post by pvthudson01 »

Ok cool thanks. If I tell a unit to go into refit mode is it best to just move it to the back and click it to refit (kind of like Tiller Panzer Campaign titles)?

I always get my HQ's confused I know there are the XXXX and the smaller XXX . I always move the XXX with the units just in behind them but keep the higher HQ's in back so that they can dispense construction crews to fix railroads

I will look for that video I was in the war room and got the boot camp doc but missed the video
pvthudson01

Post by pvthudson01 »

Got a link to that video by any chance? Having a hard time with search even finding it on you tube or in war room
Commanderski

Post by Commanderski »

It's best to move the unit away from an enemy hex for refit. I'm not sure if you get many being next to an enemy but will get them as long as you are one hex away form an enemy hex.

I was mistaken, it's not a video but a PDF tutorial. the link is here... http://witewiki.com/index.php?title=Fil ... _v1.05.pdf
pvthudson01

Post by pvthudson01 »

Ok thanks I downloaded that one will go over that today. Appreciate it
RealChuckB

Post by RealChuckB »

Hi - this AAR (for the Road to Leningrad scenario) is also very helpful: tm.asp?m=2523468&mpage=1&key=

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”