Quick Question

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

John S

Quick Question

Post by John S »

Just started the game this week. Looks like a very good system. Let me ask the type of question that is somewhat
dumb but...it would be REALLY dumb for me to keep playing the game the wrong way.

Playing the USA in the "A Time to Dance" scenario. I enter the orders and push the button for Game Resolution and
the computer takes over. About 5 minutes into the Resolution, I get the notification that reinforcements have arrived
and I see them appear on the map.

I am assuming that there is nothing that I can do immediately to give them orders and have them move during
the remainder of the Resolution phase. In other words,they sit there for another ten minutes or so until
the turn resolution is complete, is that correct???

If I am wrong and you can give reinforcements orders in the middle of the Resolution phase, please advise how to do it.

genehaynes

RE: Quick Question

Post by genehaynes »

John S,

You are correct, you can't give orders to reinforcements when they arrive. You have to wait unitl the next orders phase. Since the orders phase is "dynamic" (i.e. Not fixed to a specific time frame), reinforcements are likely to arrive during an orders phase, so you have to wait until the following orders phase.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

For 2.1 we are talking about a better sync up for arrival, including adding variable time and entry locations. In the scenario editor. Should add some better tension, and also end some multiplayer spawn camping.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
John S

Post by John S »

Thanks. It's good to be sure. I would have felt pretty silly if I had played the game for two months and then learned that there was a way to give orders to reinforcements.

Very good game. Best wishes to all for the holiday season.

Return to “The War Room”