Well it's finally here Whad you get for Christmas thread?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

aaatoysandmore

Well it's finally here Whad you get for Christmas thread?

Post by aaatoysandmore »

I got some dlc for my Talisman game stuff finally came down to a reasonable price of .39 for a character and the Dungeon expansion was cheap also. Whad you get?
zakblood

RE: Well it's finally here Whad you get for Christmas thread?

Post by zakblood »

clothes, some games WITW plus Destiny, chocolates, and a watch, few other bits and bobs[;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

I got lots of chocolate and some pastry. New winter jacket. And I have forgotten is that bathrobe early Christmas gift or did I buy it myself...

I gave others:
Ticket to Ride (board game) with European map
The Complete Chronicles of Conan (the barbarian)
A Bride's Story (manga), 3 volumes translated in finnish
Bunch of toys, mostly parts of miniature wooden railways made by Brio
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

I recieved gift card Volume II of Glantz's Stalingrad Trilogy. And also couple of giftcards for Matrix Games. One of them is being used to download GG War in the West (Physical Edition) as I type this. I'm looking forward to playing and to reading the manual when it arrives. It's been several years since I bought a physical copy of game, but I couldn't pass this manual up.

Thanks
Rick
JWW

Post by JWW »

Nothing much. An LSU (Louisiana State University, American college football) polo style shirt. Warm pajama pants. And I had already bought myself WITW. Wife and I have for years selected our own major presents and then bought each other small surprises.

The best present I gave was to my daughter, a copy of Les Miserables. She wants to read the book. She thought I had a copy, but it was actually one of the first ones I read on my Kindle. So I bought her a copy. She wanted the actual book. She is very tech savvy but prefers real books instead of e books. She is a first year 6th grade English teacher. I am an old high school English teacher/retired Army officer. She absolutely loved the movie version of the musical. She wants to know the story. She had me sign the book. That was actually my best present.
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: Rick

I recieved gift card Volume II of Glantz's Stalingrad Trilogy.
Rick

Just so you know, it isn't a trilogy anymore. What was volume 3 is split into two books.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

I got nothing, we don't really celebrate Christmas any more Daughter might of bought me something small though, not sure.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

Santa was nice enough to me :)
St Ives bath soaps and other assorted ladies things for the bathroom.
Chocolate.
Gift card for 40 bucks from Pennington's
A nice adjustable desk lamp.

Best part though was the Christmas breakfast meal I made for my family.
We are doing the cliche super duper bird meal tomorrow (timing thing).
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
Lützow

Post by Lützow »

Got money as usual, a book and an Amazon gift card.
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

I got some of the expansions for the 'Memoir '44' board game (a very good introductory wargame). [:)]
Richard
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

A card, some cash and a canister of popcorn. A true Walgreen's Christmas! [:D]
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

ORIGINAL: Rick

I recieved gift card Volume II of Glantz's Stalingrad Trilogy.
Rick

Just so you know, it isn't a trilogy anymore. What was volume 3 is split into two books.

Thanks for information. that will make daughters happy, they really like having something like that on my wish list.

Thanks
Rick
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

First Christmas with my wife since getting married so we kind of spoiled each other. I got GTA V, some boardgames (Lord of the Rings living card game, Tsuro, Mice and Mystics, Friday, the newest Zombicide), and a new gaming mouse + mousepad. Plus a few other more sentimental things. Also a bag of candy.

Don't worry, she got everything on her list and then some. [:D]
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Daughter and her boyfriend gave me a commemorative military knife. Didn't have the heart to explain to them they gave me an army armor knife and I was a marine. It is the thought that counts.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
JWW

Post by JWW »

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

Daughter and her boyfriend gave me a commemorative military knife. Didn't have the heart to explain to them they gave me an army armor knife and I was a marine. It is the thought that counts.

An an Army guy, I can see the humor in this, but I can also feel your pain. You were a good man to accept it in the spirit it was given.
Max 86

Post by Max 86 »

Civ:BE, which is trying to melt down my processor for some reason even though my rig exceeds the game requirements. Fun so far though.
No problem Chief!
british exil

Post by british exil »

My pre Christmas present was, my wife ordering an internet upgrade. Will be able to have super duper highest internet speed that the area has to offer. No not as fast as some of you already have, but miles better than what I have at the moment.

Otherwise a gift voucher for running shoes, next year another half marathon planned.
Books, a music cd, a few things for the kitchen.

A babysitter gift voucher = a night out with a meal and someone taking care of the little son.

Some money.

Time with the family.

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

An e-pipe and a bottle of Green Spot.
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

Wasn't expecting any presents other than the winter repairs and firewood that I received when my daughter visited two weeks ago (which was plenty, she spent hundreds of dollars on materials, tools, winterization supplies and firewood). That doesn't include two days of heavy labor insulating the house!

However... I spent Christmas with my adoptive Navajo family... thought it would just be the immediate family and myself, but it turned out to be a huge family reunion with dozens of people and endless food and drink! Much to my surprise, as the presents were handed out I received a silver bracelet, a warm plush throw, a Horse Calendar, and an incredibly gorgeous fringed red/black blanket wrap (must have cost a lot)! This is on top of the firewood they cut for me on Thanksgiving and the two truck loads they cut the day before Christmas.

Ah, the gift of warmth!

You can't beat a Navajo friendship... often they don't have much to give... but when they can they are always there for you :)

So, I had a real Christmas this year after all :)
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Wasn't expecting any presents other than the winter repairs and firewood that I received when my daughter visited two weeks ago (which was plenty, she spent hundreds of dollars on materials, tools, winterization supplies and firewood). That doesn't include two days of heavy labor insulating the house!

However... I spent Christmas with my adoptive Navajo family... thought it would just be the immediate family and myself, but it turned out to be a huge family reunion with dozens of people and endless food and drink! Much to my surprise, as the presents were handed out I received a silver bracelet, a warm plush throw, a Horse Calendar, and an incredibly gorgeous fringed red/black blanket wrap (must have cost a lot)! This is on top of the firewood they cut for me on Thanksgiving and the two truck loads they cut the day before Christmas.

Ah, the gift of warmth!

You can't beat a Navajo friendship... often they don't have much to give... but when they can they are always there for you :)

So, I had a real Christmas this year after all :)

Sounds like an amazing Christmas Rhonda! That's what the holiday is really all about. [:)]

Return to “General Discussion”