Features that we have already seen and should continue.

3D version of Close Combat
Nomada_Firefox

RE: Features that we have already seen and should continue.

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

I knew about the summer, it is the same that if I say, the next year when all we will be death....
DAK_Legion

Post by DAK_Legion »

Good point comrade;)

Steve any news for the community please!!!
heia safari!
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

I can't give a date for beta/release at this time, but development is on-going. Most of the maps for the grand campaign are complete and are being tweaked / polished. I am working on the AI mostly at the moment, but there is also a lot of UI design going on as well. And a lot of 3D models being made.

Steve
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

sounds like it coming along nicely then[;)]

look forward to testing it soon then[&o][&o][&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Can we know how many different vehicles have the game?
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: Nomada_Firefox
Can we know how many different vehicles have the game?

Roughy 50-60 different types of vehicles and guns, not counting aircraft or variants (like the various German 250 and 251 halftracks)

Steve

Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

It sounds good for the war scenary from the game.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

When can we wait new screenshots? one month, two months....
DAK_Legion

Post by DAK_Legion »

Soviet tanks or japanese can be added steve???

Can be a good point for the game that we can create a new scenarios of battle type east-pacific front
heia safari!
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Ummm something i need ask, how works engine in heavy urban areas??? i refer to cities, industrial zones...

50-60 guns and vehicles... interesting but a lot if variants are not included, maybe you are going to add some "bonus" vehicles like Maus or similar???

Thanks

PD: maybe apart screenshots a video is better to see what do AI in 3D.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

I feel how you start to ask too much when we come from nothing. Small steps are better.
Even if I would like it, it has not sense and I´m sure how they do not go to lose their time making additional but not neccesary stuff. The unique point can be if at a not too far future after the release, they make a converter/exporter for the models from one program as 3dmax, softimage, Blender, what they like.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: DAK_Legion

Can be a good point for the game that we can create a new scenarios of battle type east-pacific front

The Unity engine does not have a good way to import new 3D models into a compiled program at run time. There are some possible solutions to this, but none of them are ideal. It is possible that the first version of the game will not have this ability, depending on the time available to work on it after the game is done. That said, you will be able to mod data, textures, and sounds.

Steve
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

Ummm something i need ask, how works engine in heavy urban areas??? i refer to cities, industrial zones...

50-60 guns and vehicles... interesting but a lot if variants are not included, maybe you are going to add some "bonus" vehicles like Maus or similar???

Thanks

PD: maybe apart screenshots a video is better to see what do AI in 3D.

The Bloody First doesn't include any heavy street fighting. You can build an 'urban' map but the size of the buildings available are more like houses, barns, etc. The largest buildings are the churches / mosque. So there are no giant warehouses or apartment blocks in this version.

The vehicles currently in the game are limited to the historical forces in Tunisia / Sicily / Normandy. So no Maus. Throwing in a 'what if' vehicle is a fun idea. It's a matter of having the time for the modeling.

Screenshots & videos will come when we've got the UI squared away.

Steve

Steve
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

It is possible that the first version of the game will not have this ability
What must we understand by the first version of the game? will be the second version after the first patch? or are you thinking at a Bloody First II?

About how difficult is import models to unity, I disagree with you because I´m working with two fan games made with unity3d and it is nothing impossible or very difficult.

I continue thinking how if we can not add new 3D models, the possibilities editing it will be a lot smaller. Specially making new scenary. However, if you release a export tool after the first patch, perhaps six months after the game release, it would not be bad, even it would be very normal for a game.

I hope that you finish the UI soon. I want see more screenshots, specially from two features, first the 3D camera at ground level and second a airplane attack, I´m very curious about it.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Thanks for the info.

When i refer to "bonus tanks" i think in bonus scens like in other games with some WTF units [:D]

If we are going to see the vehicles in the 3 main combat areas i think in vehicles like Ferdinand TD, Tiger II, JT in germans, USA... a lot less vehicles if you dont send them some few Pershings for example... the problem is with only USA troops you cant see some of UK desert tanks or Churchills... for example.

Urban... well, i refer if you can see something more than houses of 1-2 levels, something more urban than open with some isolated houses like in Gela area, Troina etc etc.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

It is possible that the first version of the game will not have this ability, depending on the time available to work on it after the game is done.
Steve, can you explain this? the second version would be a patch by example? or are you speaking from other complete game as BFII? we have a complete discussion at other forum about it (spanish forum).
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

I want see more screenshots, specially from two features, first the 3D camera at ground level and second a airplane attack, I´m very curious about it.

The camera angle will be very similar to existing CC series -- top down. Exact angle and positioning is something we're still working with, but there is no first person view.

Steve
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

About how difficult is import models to unity, I disagree with you because I´m working with two fan games made with unity3d and it is nothing impossible or very difficult.

It is simple to import new 3D models into a Unity project that has not been compiled into an EXE.

If you have an easy way to import new 3D models into a compiled Unity EXE, please let me know via PM. Thanks.

Steve
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

If you have an easy way to import new 3D models into a compiled Unity EXE, please let me know via PM. Thanks.
If I would have one easy way and I do not say that I have not one, probably I would sell you it.;)

But the solution is very simple and there are two solutions for this. The game can read models which they were not compiled and the second is release the compiler.

But you have not answered this.
Steve, can you explain this? the second version would be a patch by example? or are you speaking from other complete game as BFII?
Bamilus

Post by Bamilus »

Hope this one is still slated for this year....looking forward to it
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”