What a manual !

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Meteor2

What a manual !

Post by Meteor2 »

I am a gamer for a quite a long time and so I have seen the degradation of the thick and detailed manuals of the past
to pdfs today.
Yesterday I got my WitW-manual and I am overwhelmed.
This is by far the best printed manual (it is a real book), that I have ever seen.
Totally worth the add-on costs for it.
Congratulation Matrix !
Banquet

RE: What a manual !

Post by Banquet »

Quite agree. I hope they continue doing this for their top end titles. It just elevates these games into something more than games, somehow. They are quite wonderful
leftydad

Post by leftydad »

If anybody wants to sell me their book/manual for WitW, I'll pay $50 if it's in "like new" condition. I bought the DL version w/o realizing the "nice" manual would be available, and Slitherine now will not let me buy the book/manual separately.
James
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Meteor2

I am a gamer for a quite a long time and so I have seen the degradation of the thick and detailed manuals of the past
to pdfs today.
Yesterday I got my WitW-manual and I am overwhelmed.
This is by far the best printed manual (it is a real book), that I have ever seen.
Totally worth the add-on costs for it.
Congratulation Matrix !
warspite1

In which case you should buy MWIF. The WITW manual is 10/10 - the 3 x MWIF annuals are even better [&o] The best thing about the latter is the page colour. Superb quality.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”