Future Plans for WITW

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Skeleton

Future Plans for WITW

Post by Skeleton »

I am not as interested in the existing scenarios as I am in what will follow and as such, I haven't taken the plunge yet on this. Will the future scenarios be expansions, ala, Lost Battles and Don to the Danube for WITE or will they be stand alone? This would make it much more palatable to get now, if that is the case (expansions to the core game). Thank you in advance for responding.
*Formerly known as Marcus the Leper, time has taken a toll and now I am simply a skeleton...*
Dr. Foo

RE: Future Plans for WITW

Post by Dr. Foo »

I'm hoping for 1940 France to be added plus a North African campaign. My dream would be the merging of WitW with WitE into one monster WiE game!
*Warning: Dr. Foo is not an actual doctor.
Do not accept or follow any medical advice*
steelpanther14

Post by steelpanther14 »

id like to see a 1940 game with sealion option
Bamilus

Post by Bamilus »

These threads have been created 1000x times. They've already said the future plan is for 42-43 Med scenario and 39-40 West Front scenario and then WITE2. Timeline unknown.
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

I don't believe I have ever seen a statement on whether or not they will be stand alone games or add on expansions. If you can direct me to the threads that would be wonderful. If you can't, relax, it is just a question regarding how I may or may not spend my money. Thanks for the insightful response. Agreed Foo and Steel Panther, North Africa, the Battle of the Atlantic/Britain and the Fall of France are the ones I am most looking forward to. As this title stands, I am just not as interested as I am of the aforementioned timeframes.
*Formerly known as Marcus the Leper, time has taken a toll and now I am simply a skeleton...*
Bamilus

Post by Bamilus »

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

That is brilliant; in all the time it took you to gather the various threads, of which I am well aware there are a number of them, you didn't find one that answered the only question I posed. Will the future games be stand alone or will they be expansions to this core game, WITW? Reading means comprehending. Comprehension means understanding. You have done neither. So, I ask again; will the future games be stand alone or expansions?
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

If you know WitE and its two expansions I'd say it's a scenario expansion coming next.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Yes, I have all three of the WITE games, that is why I asked and what I am hoping for with WITW.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

I decided to take a leap of faith. Love the detail of the new air system, really excellent and I cannot wait to see the how this is incorporated into the future games. Good stuff!!!! Merry Christmas to Joel and Gary and the whole team, thank you for your efforts!

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”