how to make a new air directive?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

jnpoint

how to make a new air directive?

Post by jnpoint »

So far I have always used the auto AD and just chosen some new hexes. But in this case I need to cover a third area.

What do I do to create a new AD for the new area without cancelling or altering the to first ones? And a newbie question: which type of planes are best used for what (now I have to do it from scratch)?
RedLancer

RE: how to make a new air directive?

Post by RedLancer »

One Page Guides #6 & #9 have the basic information you need.

The only thing extra is that you may not have a spare AD as they are limited per HQ.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
jnpoint

Post by jnpoint »

Thanks, I hadn't seen the #9 for some reason. So back to the game and play, it's really fun although I use more time reading and changing orders than fighting.
jnpoint

Post by jnpoint »

When I choose the AD for recon I can see what I already have chosen for the first two AD's. Maybe I'm not smart enough, but how and where do I choose planes for the third AD, manually, that the other AD's do not use? How can I see what they use? Sorry, I'm a bit slow.
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

Those already selected for an AD have * next to them. Those selected for the selected AD have **.

To select aircraft manually click GROUPS: AUTO
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”