Battle reports or replay?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

smittyohio90

Battle reports or replay?

Post by smittyohio90 »

What am I missing here? I just finished the first Allied turn of the Husky intro scenario, launching the amphibious landings and the airdrops. I watched the Axis turn casually, not really looking too much at the details, figuring I could look at the battle reports of my landing / airborne ops when it came back to my turn. Only I can't. All I see are German air ops reports.... ? My first time through I lost the 3/82 airborne unit, and I have no clue how, and there's no battle report? Where do I see these details?
marion61

RE: Battle reports or replay?

Post by marion61 »

Very important tool to learn to use. Lots of information to look at. Use your filters. You probably lost the regiment to drifting into an enemy hex, you can lose the british airborne brigade in the water so be careful where you place your drops.

Attachments
cmdreport.jpg
cmdreport.jpg (122.99 KiB) Viewed 104 times
smittyohio90

Post by smittyohio90 »

I looked there, and saw nothing, I reran this turn, and this time lost the British para unit. Again, all I see in the commander report are air and naval results. None of my ground combats from my landings / drops show up. When I select ground on the upper right, I see zeros in every column, even though I certainly caused lots of damages to Italian units landing, and lost one of mine. I think there's something bugged with this, When I toggle the show combats, I see no ground combat reports at all.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

I think this is due to the sequencing that the amphib phase battle reports can't be saved for the next Allied player turn. In 1.00.07 we changed it so that when playing the AI you can watch the invasion phase and see units on the map and watch the combat window reports. So when playing the AI you need to have combat detail level 1 set when invading so you can view the battles as they happen.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”