Operation Husky

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

ultradave

Operation Husky

Post by ultradave »

A one post AAR, after the 4th time through the Husky scenario. This time was my best result with an Allied Minor Victory. And it was a close run thing.

Starting off the 2d Armored Division lost a transport on the way to Sicily, as did the US Army HQ. The 3rd Regt of the 82d Abn was destroyed on the invasion parachute drop. Starting from that point, the British worked their way up the coast, with the full 1st Airborne aiding tremendously in that effort. The 2d Armored went for Palermo, and US infantry divisions cleaned up behind them.

On the last turn the Germans evacuated across the straight and left Messina open for the British XXX Corp to walk in unmolested.

I took all the victory point cities but sustained heavy personnel casualties reducing the victory.

Really enjoying this and now that I feel like I've had a chance to work on the basics at a nice manageable level I'm ready to take on a bigger scenario. I spent hours and hours playing the original issue of WitW way back when (on a Zenith 8088-2 PC with DOS).

Dave
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

Return to “After Action Reports”