Divisional Symbols?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Naughteous Maximus

Divisional Symbols?

Post by Naughteous Maximus »

Where are the divisional symbols for the newly added units in the patch updates?[&:]
KWG

RE: Divisional Symbols?

Post by KWG »

some have them some don't.

Checkout tm.asp?m=3752912

Red Lancer is putting together as many as he can find.

Ive been looking for the missing divisional emblems. And Ive been collecting the emblems for the U.S. tank destroyer support units and the German panzer battalions.

Among some others. Ive redone the 508th PIR to the red devil pocket patch. I will post them once I convert them to game format.
"A word was said - a mare is standing by the fence."
Naughteous Maximus

Post by Naughteous Maximus »

Good news, thanks!
Gettysburg

Post by Gettysburg »

Great!!![:)]
Grotius

Post by Grotius »

The symbols are such a great touch. Now that SHAEF has been formed in my game, I look at it all the time -- love the flaming sword under the rainbow.

Incidentally, I'm re-reading Pynchon's "Gravity's Rainbow," and I'd forgotten that the title alludes to more than the interplay between light and the arc of V-2 rockets. One character owns a pair of hairbrushes embossed with the SHAEF symbol -- the sword under the rainbow. :)

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”