Dear Red

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Shadowbane

Dear Red

Post by Shadowbane »

I have alrdy sent PM's to 2by3 = JB and Erik

I have got no response.

I can not under stand how 2by3 testers get to be rude and say personal insults and get away with it?

Also you yourself are say insults.

quote"No we aren't and to stop nonsense I'm locking this now. PM me if you want to moan."

I am not moaning but clearly cut and pasting baeliins insults.

Can you show me how I am wrong?

he has insulted me and MechFO.

I guess its a good old boy club?

Pelton and Baelfiin insult customers and you and 2by3 stick up for them?

Come on I have followed the forum rules unlike Bealfiin and you stick up for him?

I am very disappointed in 2by3 to say the least.
zakblood

RE: Dear Red

Post by zakblood »

if i was you i'd quit while you still have a account...

first rule of any board is, do as you are told by a forum mod,

don't re start closed topics,

don't argue or express opinions on any subject that should be better done in private,

don't bring other people into a post, as what other people do or don't do has nothing to do with any one apart from forum mods...

there is a list of rules and i'd say you haven't been here long enough to warrant a bad opinion from anyone or of anyone, so take some advice and time out, enjoy the game and just play by the rules, or leave tbh as we are all friends here or try to be...

merry Christmas and happy new year
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Baelfiin

Post by Baelfiin »

ORIGINAL: Shadowbane

I have got no response.

I can not under stand how 2by3 testers get to be rude and say personal insults and get away with it?

quote"No we aren't and to stop nonsense I'm locking this now. PM me if you want to moan."

Come on I have followed the forum rules unlike Bealfiin and you stick up for him?

I find your words hurtful 8( But I guess you might think that's insulting somehow...
"We are going to attack all night, and attack tomorrow morning..... If we are not victorious, let no one come back alive!" -- Patton
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha
The Logistics Phase is like Black Magic and Voodoo all rolled into one.
NotOneStepBack

Post by NotOneStepBack »

can't we ban this guy?
jnpoint

Post by jnpoint »

ORIGINAL: Shadowbane

I have got no response.

Sorry, but I have not experienced any insulting behavior in this forum. Why don't you address your discontent to the persons themselves instead of to us all? Normally that's a lot better solution.
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

Firstly let's be clear Erik Rutins works for Matrix and Joel Billings works for 2by3. I work for neither - I'm a volunteer. They may well respond but they don't routinely work weekends: obviously I'm responding now.

I invited you to PM me and you have chosen to raise the issue publicly. I locked the thread to stop public discussion over a matter I considered best dealt with privately. I would rather this wasn't done publicly but so be it. I have stuck up for neither side and never said anyone was either wrong or right.

Testers are bound by a non disclosure agreement and the rules of the forum but Matrix and 2by3 have no other control over them. In the latter respect they are no different to any other user of this forum.

So we now get to the centre of the issue - disagreements on the forum. Firstly postings can often get misconstrued across languages and become heated. I have to admit that Pelton can come across as not to everyone's taste. As he has recently received a week's ban from Erik then I don't think the forum officialdom can be said to ignore his behaviour. However - and he and I have had both friendly and heated interaction before - in the big scheme of things he has done far more benefit than harm.

Baelfin was my predecessor as the Test Co-ord for WitW and has my respect. Although I can see that his post may have come across as rude I'm sure that was not his intent - he was trying to explain why things are not broken as was intimated. When things don't work as expected it doesn't mean it's broken. His AAR of an invasion outside of air cover shows why things are not immediately broken as some quickly claimed.

Which brings me to the other side of the coin when a Player raises on this forum their frustration or disagreement with the game construct is that rude? It can very easily come across as such. I had an early exchange with Helpless when I started testing. Those of us who have helped develop the game try and respond in good humour but it can get difficult at times. The game is the way that it is for very good reasons.

If I moderated every tetchy comment I'd have another task keeping me from writing future scenarios and helping the vast number of players learning the new systems. As a military police officer I look for and see patterns, am suspicious by nature and try to downplay confrontation. Most people take the opportunity to downplay confrontation unless they have an axe to grind - do you?

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
marion61

Post by marion61 »

+1
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

I locked the last thread for just this reason - please my friends keep calm and just observe so I don't have to lock or nuke it.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

Merry Christmas red[;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”