Training is still broken - OMG

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

jzardos

Training is still broken - OMG

Post by jzardos »

Ok, well I guess training AG didn't get fixed in last patch. I just had all my planes in a FB AG get damage when I put them in training. COME ON PLEASE> does anybody in their right mind think that training a group of planes would get them all damaged? When can we expect this to get fixed. I'm very disappointed this was a problem on the release and it still has been fixed. Can somebody in development step up here? Sorry, but very frustrated. ALSO, I have Rom fighters that have been all damaged after a training month back in 1.000 and are on REST. After 4 turns, still no planes fixed! AB has supply and plenty of air support. So how the heck do planes get fixed in WitW?

thanks

Attachments
fuck_me.jpg
fuck_me.jpg (108.91 KiB) Viewed 31 times
RedLancer

RE: Training is still broken - OMG

Post by RedLancer »

Training losses were adjusted in the patch. Please don't take your frustration out on us - post a save and I'll take a look. Often a fresh pair of eyes can spot something simple.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
KWG

Post by KWG »

"...month back in 1.000"

You MAY have to start new scenario with patch to get all changes.

"After 4 turns, still no planes fixed!"

How much support at the airbase?

Edit. "AB has supply and plenty of air support"
"A word was said - a mare is standing by the fence."
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

I think you heavily misunderstand how it should work and misusing it. Placing AG with exp 61 on train is plain waste. It will be always broken that way.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Just to repeat which was said before. Last training cycle happens after the maintenance repair, so basically air group needs to pass another turn to get planes back. This is intentional delay.

After each training cycle it reports on how many planes got destroyed and damaged. Also it says how many pilots got skill improvement. This info is much more important. Again, all training beyond 50 exp. is very ineffective.

Edit: There is also good metric chart on training sorties and losses. You can bring this data to compare how did it change.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Shadowbane

Post by Shadowbane »

Lol don't disagree with them bro you you get the thread locked

Tester for 2by3 can dump on the customers like baelfiin and people like RedLancer run to there defense by locking down the thread.
Baelfiin

Post by Baelfiin »

ORIGINAL: Shadowbane

Lol don't disagree with them bro you you get the thread locked

Tester for 2by3 can dump on the customers like baelfiin and people like RedLancer run to there defense by locking down the thread.

Your posts bring me joy.
"We are going to attack all night, and attack tomorrow morning..... If we are not victorious, let no one come back alive!" -- Patton
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha
The Logistics Phase is like Black Magic and Voodoo all rolled into one.
marion61

Post by marion61 »

We all understand your frustrated, but this is the History Dept., the Drama Dept. is down the hall [;)]. I'm a tester and I've never been rude and this is a game that just launched so give 2by3 some slack.
Shadowbane

Post by Shadowbane »

ORIGINAL: meklore61

We all understand your frustrated, but this is the History Dept., the Drama Dept. is down the hall [;)]. I'm a tester and I've never been rude and this is a game that just launched so give 2by3 some slack.

It would be nice if we could stick to history and not name calling like baelfiin.

I post data and Baelfiin does the name calling.

he calles me a Pelton clone?

I say the pot is calling the kettle black.

Data baelfiin and not drama like meklore61 is saying.

follow the data and not the drama, you are a tester?

KenchiSulla

Post by KenchiSulla »

O joy, there is a green button...
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Hard to comment without save but a unit with ~60 exp should not damage more aircraft in training missions than the maintenance guys are able to repair.
This may well be different for a unit with ~30 experience (= green pilots hardly seen active flight training before).
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
jzardos

Post by jzardos »

Please don't misunderstand and I know my post was in haste and frustration. Just few things I wish I could control more. Not blaming anybody, just want to help make WitW better.

- repair of planes
- training of pilots (w/our very high chance of damaging plane)
- replacement of troops (REFIT), or at least a better view of what is going where

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”