Boston's Brawl, 1963 -- new beta for testing

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Mgellis

Boston's Brawl, 1963 -- new beta for testing

Post by Mgellis »

A new beta for testing...

It's 1963 and World War III has just started. A SAG consisting of the cruiser Boston and two destroyers must search the Argentine Sea for Soviet subs making their way north (they were in the Southern ocean on an exercise when war broke out) and destroy them. Naturally, as most of the action is in Europe right now, the SAG is on its own (except for one British search/ASW aircraft out of the Falklands).

This scenario takes advantage of the lua scripting options in v. 1.06. (Nothing major, but the weather changes mid-way through the scenario for hopefully added realism.)

As always, feedback is welcome. Is this a reasonable scenario? (That is, for the amount of time available, is the search area too big to find the subs?) Do the scripted events work properly? Are the orders written properly? Any other observations, suggestions, etc.? Thanks in advance!

Attachments
BostonsBrawl1963.zip
(25.67 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
vonfatz

RE: Boston's Brawl, 1963 -- new beta for testing

Post by vonfatz »

Dear Mgellis,

I have not tried this specific scenario yet, but I just wanted to comment that your scenarios are always top notch with detailed yet clear briefings, realistic/believable setting, and manageable scope and scale. Please keep up the good work; always looking forward to your releases.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

I second that. I'll give it a try tonite. [8D]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Dannyp19

Post by Dannyp19 »

I've tried this about 3 times and once I found an SSN and sunk it. But that's it. It's ASW (Awfully Slow Warfare) [:)]

Going to try it again.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

ORIGINAL: Dannyp19

I've tried this about 3 times and once I found an SSN and sunk it. But that's it. It's ASW (Awfully Slow Warfare) [:)]

Going to try it again.

Is the spy ship--the one that looks like a trawler--finding you? (My plan was to liven things up a bit by having the spy ship find you, which lets the attack sub know where you are...the SSBN is simply on course and trying to move through the Argentine Sea without being spotted. In fact, it should end the scenario when it reaches its exit point.)
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Good scenario as always from you.

One minor add-on I'd ask. Put reference points indicating the patrol area described in briefing for visual reference. Scenario works very well, no problems. [8D]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Any other comments or suggestions for this one? Or is it ready for the Community Scenario Pack? Thanks.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”