Advice For a New Old Player

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Missouri_Rebel

Advice For a New Old Player

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Even though I've owned this game since the release and have tried to get into it many times before I am still very much a beginner.

My question is;

What mods/features/enhancements would you recommend for a complete gaming experience? I have both the Tracker and Reporter. I see there is the Extended Map versions, but will those run the shipped scenarios?

I don't really care so much about the minor tweaking because I wouldn't know the difference either way and I plan on playing the AI initially so I don't want anything PBEM-centric.

Better artwork and UI improvements would be very welcome.

Thanks for any suggestions.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Alfred

RE: Advice For a New Old Player

Post by Alfred »

To get started on thinking what might be suitable read this recent thread and the hyper link contained therein.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3749669&mpage=1&key=mods&#3749669

Alfred
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Missouri_Rebel, it depends what you are after.

Mods like Babes and RHS strive for historical accuracy, while others, like Reluctant Admiral, explore what-ifs scenarios, where OOBs deviate from history.
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Well I'm more into the aesthetics at this point. I have JATM's map mod and like it very much, but am wondering if I am losing functionality as the different terrain types are not clearly represented.

Its nice to be able to play in my native 1920X1020 resolution, but the screen jumps during the animation phase and also in the pics in the ship info screen. Are there any fixes for that that you know. And thanks above for the link to that other thread.

Lastly, is there some kind of single file I can dl that updates all the planes and ships graphics? There is some very good work out there but nothing seems 'complete'. I also need to find on this forum the LCU graphic upgrades. Think I had some at one point in my trying to get into the game but don't have them at the present.

Thanks
mo reb
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Halsey

Post by Halsey »

Art at these two sites.

Back up your originals.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2913555
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Those are great. Thanks.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”