[A.62] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.9)

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Forahilarm

RE: [A.62] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.9)

Post by Forahilarm »

Three out of the five download links do not work.

The error I receive on the base package, and the two race ones is that of "Permission Denied." It also states I can buy various music tracks from Amazon instead. I'm assuming it's due to copyright.

Is there anyway I can get these files otherwise?
SirFinbar

RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP!

Post by SirFinbar »

ORIGINAL: Icemania
Some other house rules:

• No Homeworld Invasions are permitted until the 30 year mark and no use of sneaky fast troop transports (otherwise too easy, although harder now that what it used to be and I've done what I can in the AI Mod)
• Intelligence Agents must remain on Counter Intelligence duties (otherwise agents can sometimes become uber powerful particularly if they have concealment, there really should be a lower cap on skills)
• Recovered ships must be retired (as they are super powerful although with the AI Mod the AI explores much better so more will be found and fight against you)
• Debris field ships may not be recovered until they are within my territorial influence (as a huge research booster which the AI is uber slow to exploit, nothing I can Mod here unfortunately)
• Exploration ships must be on Automatic, no micro (stop and move to greatly increases exploration speed and goody finding)
• Cannot attack the Eruktah Refugees until they reveal themselves as the Shakturi (pure cheese)

Brilliant! Lord Icemania himself has suggested leaving exploration ships to auto, therefore I will! Small scale exploration is relatively interesting, although it does wear off quickly. When you have dozens of ships it quickly becomes a repetitive chore.

I can't wait to get a new PC (mine blew up) and start up a campaign with this mod! [:D]
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

ORIGINAL: Forahilarm

Three out of the five download links do not work.

The error I receive on the base package, and the two race ones is that of "Permission Denied." It also states I can buy various music tracks from Amazon instead. I'm assuming it's due to copyright.

Is there anyway I can get these files otherwise?
1. This is issue of your browser. At download site you are requested to download with use of captcha. Some people been telling that their browser do so, but thats problem can be solved just by adjusting settings / cookies/ using other browser. All you need is your browser stop blocking/skipping captchas.
2. Amazon stuff is unrelated. Its all ok.
Alien Immersion (WIP) : tm.asp?m=3651979
Beyond Extended Universe (WIP): tm.asp?m=3657646
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

My first campaign (nightmare mode) is done in DA:I
This means i startying polishing tools and will be doing things soon.
That was intence, i plan another run but that will much less prioritized and i going to go back to creating stuff.
Forahilarm

Post by Forahilarm »

ORIGINAL: Blackstork
1. This is issue of your browser. At download site you are requested to download with use of captcha. Some people been telling that their browser do so, but thats problem can be solved just by adjusting settings / cookies/ using other browser. All you need is your browser stop blocking/skipping captchas.
2. Amazon stuff is unrelated. Its all ok.

Alright, thanks! Fiddled with the settings and am downloading everything now. :)
ghAries

Post by ghAries »

Awesome. Looking forward to A7 intensely.
dejagore

Post by dejagore »

ORIGINAL: ghAries

Same here. I guess they're planning a ChristmA7 gift [;)]
ghAries

Post by ghAries »

ORIGINAL: dejagore

ORIGINAL: ghAries

Same here. I guess they're planning a ChristmA7 gift [;)]
Has that been confirmed somewhere or is it speculation? That would be the best xmas gift.. [X(]
EnDSchultz

Post by EnDSchultz »

First off I'll say this mod is fantastic. Having a great time with it.

However, I'll be honest. I think area weapons of all types just need to be removed. More and more, I've been leaving research and ship design/upgrading automated, but as the XHumans, it's killing me. My cruisers get area gravitic weapons built on them, and then put into fleets. Unfortunately the there is NO provision in the combat AI for acknowledging and avoiding area weapons. Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to warp into a system with overwhelming odds, only to watch your entire fleet of cruisers and battleships get sucked into their own gravity wells and torn to pieces?

There's just no point in having these weapons in the tech tree, let alone have the AI build them into ships, if they're impossible to deploy without annihilating your own fleets.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

@all there will be NY eve gift of A.64 which will have some things done till now (6 new CS) + some fix + alot of awesome work by SirFinbar with his new lore expanded galactopedia articles , and my graphic design arrangement
This patch will feature alot of amazing work done by SirFinbar and some things i did before meant for previous plan of A.7
A.7 will be something major and wont be on ny eve, thats for sure
A.7 will be earliest in Feb, or later, and will feature ALOT of new art + some more CS. It will aim to finalize UI project actually, and add Naxxilians to list of races which have full scale unique portrait set for their characters.

@EnDSchultz i cant remove area weapons, i think that game devs need to add some ai which will manage it. For now its only option to hand-design ships or to micromanage them
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

ORIGINAL: EnDSchultz
However, I'll be honest. I think area weapons of all types just need to be removed. More and more, I've been leaving research and ship design/upgrading automated, but as the XHumans, it's killing me. My cruisers get area gravitic weapons built on them, and then put into fleets. Unfortunately the there is NO provision in the combat AI for acknowledging and avoiding area weapons. Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to warp into a system with overwhelming odds, only to watch your entire fleet of cruisers and battleships get sucked into their own gravity wells and torn to pieces?

There's just no point in having these weapons in the tech tree, let alone have the AI build them into ships, if they're impossible to deploy without annihilating your own fleets.
ORIGINAL: Blackstork
@EnDSchultz i cant remove area weapons, i think that game devs need to add some ai which will manage it. For now its only option to hand-design ships or to micromanage them

I agree and will add this problem to the Developer Support Wishlist for the AI Improvement Mod. I would much rather have the problem fixed than remove them as it's cool to have some diversity in weapon types.
Premislaus

Post by Premislaus »

Hi! Download is not working :-(.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

ORIGINAL: Premislaus

Hi! Download is not working :-(.
Hey thanks for report
But download working for anyone else
Also if you will leave more information and some other details explaining your case it will be helpfull
I am almost sure this is problem with your browser setting.
There been few cases when some people failed to download with not properly-set up browser which skipped captchas from download page.
Premislaus

Post by Premislaus »

Hi! When I rewrite captcha, this information is displayed - "Permission Denied. "VL AL 5" by Autechre may be available for download from Amazon".

BTW "Astronaut" by Maciej Bether on Jamendo, is very expressive album, on Creative Commons license.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Ok i see, thanks
I will check other options to solve this problem, there is certainly one.
Thanks for reporting it.
Seems the problem exist only for soundtrack. There is no problem with game (mod) itself and there no problem with alliances packages .
Only with races soundtacks - i will seek another service to upload. anyone have some tips/ideas? thanks
Premislaus

Post by Premislaus »

I have this problem with Base Package.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Base do not have such problem for me, i can download it as anonymous
Odd. MAy be just try few times more?
I will check other options for hosting. Anyone who have any ideas would be wellcome.
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

Dropbox is worth considering Blackstork. I've had no problems at all and there are no ads / captcha when downloading. The problem is the free version has a 2GB limit and you have an amazingly huge amount of content! Make sure you remove old versions etc.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

I will re-upload all the package once A.64 is ready. I will check few options for hosting. New version will come around NY eve.
Nanosplic

Post by Nanosplic »

Superb work Blackstork. Your mod is a triumph and makes the game an incredibly immersive experience. Any idea on when the UI might be implemented for the Tarapins? Roll on New Year!
From Beta Draconis

Return to “Design and Modding”