Questions on low level cards

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

oho_slith

Questions on low level cards

Post by oho_slith »

Perhaps stupid question:
I always only have one card of a type per officer and I can play it only once per Officer, no matter how long a scenario is and it costs nothing to play the card?
Or will I receive a replacement card after a while for that officer?
oho
Vic

RE: Questions on low level cards

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: oho

Perhaps stupid question:
I always only have one card of a type per officer and I can play it only once per Officer, no matter how long a scenario is and it costs nothing to play the card?
Or will I receive a replacement card after a while for that officer?

could you elaborate a bit? or show a screenshot?
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
oho_slith

Post by oho_slith »

My question is, how it is supposed to work.
When I have played a card (for example better attack-values), will I get another attack-card again later for that general?
Will it cost something (prestige for example) when I play it?
oho
Vic

Post by Vic »

yes all cards will be available again next turn.

cost of card is command points. officer has limited supply of these command points.

best wishes,
vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
JervisBay

Post by JervisBay »

Hi, you can play the various officer cards whenever they've built up enough command points (the left-most value). Some tasks are much cheaper than others (like recon). Some officers build up command points faster than others (1 or 2 points per turn is typical, so ration your use of the cards accordingly. Only one card per turn can be played in any case, but it is still available for subsequent turns if there are enough points. Some commanders have useful extra cards available to rally troops etc, so it can be worthwhile changing officers but not if they're in the thick of combat as there is a short-term effectiveness penalty - look under the 'officer pool' button for the choices. Hope this answers the question.
oho_slith

Post by oho_slith »

thanks, that makes it clear
oho

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”