IN GAME tutorial?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

pvthudson01

IN GAME tutorial?

Post by pvthudson01 »

Is there one?

Also is the manual provided in PDF format?

Dont care about videos and players books but want to know if there is actually a play along tutorial in the game as a scenario that teaches you

Again, not concerned with the You Tube videos
Matrix Member since 2003!
Grotius

RE: IN GAME tutorial?

Post by Grotius »

The manual, and a shorter "player's handbook," are both provided in PDF form. The last dozen pages of the handbook feature "one page guides" that are very handy step-by-step summaries of how to do stuff.

Two of the videos do walk you through the first turn or two of the first (five-turn) tutorial scenario, which features the invasion of Sicily. Unfortunately, there's no written transcript of them as far as I know, and no written tutorial or in-game tutorial. There is also a second five-turn tutorial scenario, this time focused on strategic bombing. Those two scenarios were enough to prep me to play the grand campaign, but I'd played WITE some.

Finally, people answer questions here very quickly. I have posted a couple dozen questions, and I've had almost all of them answered within an hour.
pvthudson01

Post by pvthudson01 »

Ok thanks a ton. Have a friend that is on the fence. I am not but he is heh
pvthudson01

Post by pvthudson01 »

Is there a tutorial pdf like in war in the east?
steelpanther14

Post by steelpanther14 »

Think this game is far far far better than WitE

I was unsure ....but took a chance.... glad I did, well worth the money and report on the delivered manual are good
mines not arrived for xmas

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”