Tutorial VP calculation-- ? problem

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Rankorian

Tutorial VP calculation-- ? problem

Post by Rankorian »

The Velkie Luki tutorial--marvelous. Just the right intro for such a complex game.

But when it came to VP calculations, it seemed as though the ET for some cities was incorrect. (I am not clever enough to post screen shots)

As the Soviets (normal difficulty) holding Velkie Luki seemed to give me 20 victory points per turn, not the 10 on the VP screen. After 9 turns, and holding it for 7, I had 140 VP.

The obverse seemed to be true for the Germans and Novosokolniki, which is listed as T10. After 10 turns, they, coincidentally, had held it for 7 turns, but had 140 points. I thought maybe the ET10 meant 10 points per player 1/2 turn, but the other town for each side, also ET10, worked as I would have expected, 10 points per full turn.

Bonus help for this newbie: on the hex pop-up there are two items which I cannot find in the manual. "THREAT LEVEL 0 0 0". And "Defense 16000 [or some number just below that] (0)" Any clue as to what those items mean?
Number one principle: The inherent worth and dignity of all people.
loki100

RE: Tutorial VP calculation-- ? problem

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: Rankorian

Bonus help for this newbie: on the hex pop-up there are two items which I cannot find in the manual. "THREAT LEVEL 0 0 0". And "Defense 16000 [or some number just below that] (0)" Any clue as to what those items mean?

I think they are both codes for the AI, to allow it to make force allocation determinations
morvael

Post by morvael »

I think the VPs "per turn" should always be added per half-turn (so you get twice the number listed if you hold it for the entire turn).
Rankorian

Post by Rankorian »

Thank you, that is what it appears.

That gives a boost for the losing player, all else considered. If both the players get "double points", it will be harder for the winning player to get 2:1, 3:1, etc odds.

WAD?
Number one principle: The inherent worth and dignity of all people.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”