Updated DB image & description packs are available!

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

SSN754planker

RE: Updated DB image & description packs are available!

Post by SSN754planker »

Do you plan a updated version of the pack for 1.06?
MY BOOK LIST
ST1/SS SSN 754
CV60

Post by CV60 »

I release the updates on an occasional basis, ie, there is no real schedule. Bascially, when I get 400 or so new photographs, I'll put out an update. The updates will contain corrections and additions to previous updates. Right now, I'm hoping to put out a new DB3000 image package at the end of the month. It will mostly be weapons images. I'm also doing some system description write ups, as that part of the game is a little light. I'm always interested in getting any interested parties to help with either project. If anyone is interested, just PM me, and we can discuss.
Do you plan a updated version of the pack for 1.06?

“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln
bssybeep

Post by bssybeep »

Anybody having problems downloading the DB image pack? when I click to download the download either sits idle or I get a blank page and nothing happens?
ClaudeJ

Post by ClaudeJ »

Maybe try the mirrors:
- http://baloor.baloogancampaign.com/Uplo ... t_51b1.zip (You'll need a torrent client to use that one)
- https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6okfjp9q0utl ... s.zip?dl=0 (Baloogan's dropbox link)
- https://meocloud.pt/link/c8179cbd-cbeb- ... ddons.zip/ (Slow!)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4 Go, Windows 10 64bits, 32 GB RAM, Regional settings = French, Belgium
(Previously known as JanMasters0n)
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

downloading it right now from the "official" warfaresims link. First it didn't work when I still had blocked some website scripts (using NoScript for Firefox here)
Speed is between 250 and 500 kB/s, rather slow, downloading from Germany
bssybeep

Post by bssybeep »

Thanks, that worked
mjw1477_slith

Post by mjw1477_slith »

Love it, great work thanx you!!
OnFire

Post by OnFire »

With the new 1.6 update, I think Pics > Descriptions
ETF

Post by ETF »

? Sorry what does that mean OnFire?
My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer
DerSonderweg

Post by DerSonderweg »

I downloaded and (assume?) successfully installed the add-on but there only images displaying for about 1/4 of the units. At first I thought this was working as intended but I noticed a lack of images for units that I had either seen displayed in Baloogan videos or just seemed a bit obvious - like the A6 Intruder. Is this a common problem/easy fix?
CV60

Post by CV60 »

Hm. Can you tell me what database and what the system number (ie, Aircraft___ABCD) that you show as missing? There still are a number of systems that don't have images yet, particularly in the CWDB. However, I think we have the A-6 pretty well covered. DId you go to
http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876
and get your image pack from there, or from somewhere else? Do you have images located in both the DB3000 and CWDB folder?

DerSonderweg

Post by DerSonderweg »

I see images in both locations. And I did download it from the link you indicated. I'm not showing the A-6 ingame, but I see it in the folder. Aircraft_3325 through Aircraft_3331. Are there other image packs out there that I should be getting as supplements?
ClaudeJ

Post by ClaudeJ »

Could you please mention what folder you have them in and the path to it?

As for other image packs, you could have them if you decide so to but none that you really should have, as far as I know.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4 Go, Windows 10 64bits, 32 GB RAM, Regional settings = French, Belgium
(Previously known as JanMasters0n)
CV60

Post by CV60 »

If you got the download from

The A-6 images you are missing are there. Check and see if the CWDB and DB3000 image folders should total around 1.7 GB of data. (I'm going off memory here). Do your two packages combined add up to approximately this much? As far as I know, there are no other image packages you need to add. I combine virtually all images that are brought to my attention into the master pack you have uploaded. The A-6 aircraft numbers were in the most recently released CWDB package. If you downloaded the most recent image pack, my suspicion is that somehow the images were accidentally deleted from your hard drive. Here's what I suggest: There will be a new, comprehensive image package released very soon for both the DB3000 and CWDB databases. While it does not contain images of every system, it will fill some of the existing gaps. Rather than re-download a 1.6 Gb file, that will be replaced in a matter of days by a 1.8 Gb file, wait until the new package is available, download it and let me know if you still have the same problem.
I see images in both locations. And I did download it from the link you indicated. I'm not showing the A-6 ingame, but I see it in the folder. Aircraft_3325 through Aircraft_3331. Are there other image packs out there that I should be getting as supplements?
CV60

Post by CV60 »

As Jan Masterson mentioned, you also may have a path issue. Can you provide the exact path to your image folder, starting with the drive letter. The image files are very particular about where they need to be in order to be reached by the game. :

Ocel0t

Post by Ocel0t »

This is a really great effort and an excellent result. Thanks guys!
gsmart04

Post by gsmart04 »

ORIGINAL: CV60

Hm. Can you tell me what database and what the system number (ie, Aircraft___ABCD) that you show as missing? There still are a number of systems that don't have images yet, particularly in the CWDB. However, I think we have the A-6 pretty well covered. DId you go to
and get your image pack from there, or from somewhere else? Do you have images located in both the DB3000 and CWDB folder?

Hey guys, I'm new to this game and would like to download and incorporate these enhanced data bases into the game. The problem is the d/l link above isn't working for me. I click on the link and am taken to a website that has the name of the file and the word "download" but when I click on download nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated!
gsmart04

Post by gsmart04 »

Never mind guys. The download website is working today. I guess they went down for a spell yesterday.
SSN754planker

Post by SSN754planker »

CV60....do you have an ETA on when the next DB picture pack will be released?
MY BOOK LIST
ST1/SS SSN 754
CV60

Post by CV60 »

I've supplied it to the developers. I suspect right now they are busy coding the next batch of awesomeness, so they probably haven't gotten a chance to post it yet.[;)]

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”