Status of patch for Panzer Command Ostfront

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

rickier65

RE: Status of patch for Panzer Command Ostfront

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: BrotherJayne
ORIGINAL: Rick
I wish I could help, but I don't really have an ETA. We are making progress, but we still have more to do and I just can't give an good estimate (or even a bad estimate) of how soon it will get done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxqHVoZ0fzc#t=49

but I know I can't outrun a velociraptor!

Thanks
Rick
Commanderski

Post by Commanderski »

Can I waffle on this response? The team has has discussed the possibility of working on an expansion module, but I've been rather persistent in wanting to release this patch before we start working on an expansion. That's not to say nothing has been worked on, but no decisions or commitments have been made.

I really want to keep my focus on this patch. I had really hoped to have it finished by now, but that hasn't worked out. On a positive note, the last two items added to list are close to being resolved.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!
Rick

Thanks for the update.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Updated first post to reflect completion of additional items.

Thanks
Rick
budd

Post by budd »

closer[:D] I cant remember is there an indication on the hud of hull down status? Thanks for all the hard work and keeping us updated.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

It looks like the count is down to just 4 more items to be fixed
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: **budd**

closer[:D] I cant remember is there an indication on the hud of hull down status? Thanks for all the hard work and keeping us updated.

No indicator in the HUD. I think this was mentioned, and it sounds like a good idea. But I'm not sure how we would implement it at this time. Hull down status is currently not checked until a a unit is actually fired on (and hit), and the hull down condition is based on the LOS between the firer and target unit at that moment. So a unit might be hull down to one enemy unit, but not to another.

Still something to think about though.

Thanks
Rick
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Ratzki

It looks like the count is down to just 4 more items to be fixed

Yes, though there is another item we're going to look at. We haven't added it to this list yet, but we want to check into when a unit is able to fire after reaching it's destination during a phase in which it moved. We think a unit that reaches it's destination early enough in a phase should have a fire opportunity (depending on unit ROF and time left in phase). But we want to verify how that is working.

Thanks!
Rick
budd

Post by budd »

i see what your saying about hull down, I'm just talking about knowing when my units are in hull down position from the front. would be nice seeing how #13 is fixed. I had a lot more typed but I realized this is a fixing thing not an adding thing so i deleted it[;)]
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

i see what your saying about hull down, I'm just talking about knowing when my units are in hull down position from the front. would be nice seeing how #13 is fixed. I had a lot more typed but I realized this is a fixing thing not an adding thing so i deleted it[;)]

Well, we have same issues with blurring the lines between fixing and adding too. And I did look at some kind of hull down indicator briefly when working on item 13, but didn't pursue it further when I thought about possible impacts on performance. But maybe if you remember when/if we work on expansion we could look at it again. Maybe an indicator that your tank 'might' be hull down, something that wouldn't require a LOS check from your tank to potential enemies as LOS is one of the CPU consumers right now.

Thanks!
Rick
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

It should be able to fire but just at a reduced level depending on time of arrival.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Ratzki

It should be able to fire but just at a reduced level depending on time of arrival.

Agreed - and we're probably going to add this to the fix list if it does not (and we think they aren't).

Thanks
Rick
major.pain

Post by major.pain »

Rick.
Did you get a chance to have a look at altering the the behavior of Tanks not firing on the same phase after they have moved and having to wait for the next phase to roll round before they react, even if they are being fired upon????
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

ORIGINAL: M J R

Rick.
Did you get a chance to have a look at altering the the behavior of Tanks not firing on the same phase after they have moved and having to wait for the next phase to roll round before they react, even if they are being fired upon????
That is what he means in this:
Yes, though there is another item we're going to look at. We haven't added it to this list yet, but we want to check into when a unit is able to fire after reaching it's destination during a phase in which it moved. We think a unit that reaches it's destination early enough in a phase should have a fire opportunity (depending on unit ROF and time left in phase). But we want to verify how that is working.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

I don't see a way of doing this that is very realistic. You can't see through the eyes of everyone at every location looking back at the tank.
One thing that might be close though is to have a LOS tool that acts like the driver or hull gunner is looking out from the tank. This can show where it is being blocked by terrain. Then that LOS could be compared to where the TC's LOS can see over the terrain. I'm not sure if that would always work to find hulldowns as it would not take into account the height of an observing object.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
major.pain

Post by major.pain »

Thanks Mobius :)
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Added an item to enable units that reach their destination during an Engage --> Move order will have an opportunity to fire if there is enough time left in the phase.

Thanks
Rick
Santini

Post by Santini »

Fix the engage fire, slap some skirts on the pz iii m turret, and release that sucker!
major.pain

Post by major.pain »

Really looking forward to this patch now guys, i appreciate the effort.

Now, whats the chance of it arriving before before Christmas dinner :)
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: M J R

Really looking forward to this patch now guys, i appreciate the effort.

Now, whats the chance of it arriving before before Christmas dinner :)

Well, I don't think that's likely given our delay in finishing some of the items. At this point even if we finished our work, I don't think there's enough time for Matrix to do their thing. They can't even start until we're done.

When I know more about date I'll post.

Thanks
Rick
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

I've updated the status of items. We finished a few more and I think we're down to just a couple of items left. plus we have one item we're looking at that isn't on the list yet.

Thanks
Rick

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”