Unit Kill Info

Please post your wish lists for future updates and releases here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

Killjoy12

Unit Kill Info

Post by Killjoy12 »

In the future, at end of turn and game, I'd like a little more information on killed units including some type of indicator as to who killed whom. Currently, dead units are represented as crosses, but there's no information as to what unit was there and which unit killed it. Maybe this is something that could be included in the popup overlay for a hex that has destroyed units (both friendly and enemy) so as not to clutter the map? I would expect the enemy unit to have no more information on type than what was known about it when it was killed (should preserve FOW). End of game would of course would reveal all about the dead units. Even extra info like whether it was disabled or destroyed, the type of weapon that caused the unit to fall out, etc would be nice to have as well. We have the table of kills at the end, but not the type of ammo that achieved the kill. In any event, right now I have a map with kill icons, but I can't remember what units were in there (mine and enemy losses).
CapnDarwin

RE: Unit Kill Info

Post by CapnDarwin »

We would like to have more of that info showing in the future as well. There are some limitations currently on what information we can pull during the combat calculations based on the timing and structure of the code. We are looking at what we can do for 2.1 to get more of this detail displayed.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Killjoy12

RE: Unit Kill Info

Post by Killjoy12 »

Thanks!

Return to “Requested Features and Ideas”