FERRY bombing

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

LiquidSky

FERRY bombing

Post by LiquidSky »

Well...messing around with the AIR DOCTRINE screen trying different things to get a good handle on it I noticed something, well....interesting.

I seem to be totally unable to damage the FERRY crossing between ITALY and SICILY.

It seems to be immune to damage. If I pick PRI TAR as FERRY and PORT, the port gets plastered...the strikes on the FERRY do nothing.

If I pick just FERRY, then I get the strikes, (51 Raids, with 1218 Sorties) but all are no result...

I've tried different altitudes, using the entire TACTICAL AIR COMMAND, RECONing the hexes to max.

Is it just hard to damage a ferry, or am I doing something wrong?
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Helpless

RE: FERRY bombing

Post by Helpless »

Ferry bombing has some modifier which are reducing the effect, but it shouldn't be all zero.

We are planning to allow combined interdiction to be applied in ferry hex, but this won't be in coming patch.

You may upload save to the support forum so I could take a look. Thanks.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Smirfy

RE: FERRY bombing

Post by Smirfy »

The hole Messina and strait thing is not workng in a convincing manner. Some of thew stuff is being patched. As the Allies crossing the strait you can be held up far and away beyond the practical by minimal troops. Really with naval support in Straits you should be able to move across to the other side to any ajecent hexs not just the ferry port.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”