Axis Amphibious landing

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

olorin42

Axis Amphibious landing

Post by olorin42 »

The rules seem to indicate that an Axis Amphib landing is possible in the Baltic (think Lithuania / Latvia / Estonia) but I can't seem to get a unit to move using Amph. Regular transport between friendly ports is fine but Amph does not work. Am I missing something?
Numdydar

RE: Axis Amphibious landing

Post by Numdydar »

Yes you are not playing WitW lol. Sorry I could not resist [:)]
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Amphib transport capacity available?
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
olorin42

Post by olorin42 »

I see this in the manual -

Added Naval/Amphibious movement capacity limits for Axis as follows:
 Lake Ladoga - 3000
 Baltic Sea - 10000
 Black Sea - 4000
 Sea of Azov - 1000

So if there's an amphib capability in the Baltic, why can't I as the Axis use it?
morvael

Post by morvael »

There is only one capacity, used for both Naval and Amphibious movement. Amphibious Transport (landing) is limited to Soviets only. This is in the manual, but perhaps not very clearly presented.
Both sides can conduct naval transport between friendly ports within certain sea zones. The Soviet player can conduct naval transport in all four sea zones and the Lake Ladoga zone, however, the Axis player is limited to conducting naval transport only in the Baltic and Black Sea zones. In addition, the Soviet player can conduct amphibious landings from a friendly port to any coastal hex in the same sea zone in the Black Sea and Sea of Azov sea zones

What you quoted should be labelled as Naval only. Compare with entry for Soviets, specifically stating separate Amphibious Movement capacity.
micheljq

Post by micheljq »

Why limited to Soviets only? So germans can't do amphibious landings in the Black sea as well?

Michel.
Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815
Gabriel B.

Post by Gabriel B. »

There is one thing caled the black sea fleet [:D]
while not depicted in the game , this axis penalty should make up for it.

soviet black sea fleet was very agresive at the start but was handicaped later by the overuning of major ports by axis ground forces.
micheljq

Post by micheljq »

Germans had no fleet in Black sea i know but i was wondering if they had limited amphibious capabilities there. Romania has some ports in the Black sea, and some ships.

But it seems quite logical to me too that they don't.

Michel
Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”