which scenario for a beginner?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

jnpoint

which scenario for a beginner?

Post by jnpoint »

I have now played the tutorials a few times each. Yes, I'm a bit slow or rather I do not have that much time to play. But which scenario would be best for a 'beginner' after finishing the tutorials?
joey

RE: which scenario for a beginner?

Post by joey »

I would start with Italy. Is it a nice segue from the operation in Sicily.
Radagy

Post by Radagy »

I would try Breakout and Pursuit. It's short, tense and amusing. Moreover you have not to worry about setting up new amphibious landings.
Banquet

Post by Banquet »

I moved on to Italy, it starts the same as Husky and you get to break out onto mainland Italy. It's a good next step.
jnpoint

Post by jnpoint »

Thanks for helping.

I think I'll try a short one. Italy is rather long and must wait a little longer till I feel more confident with the many tactical and strategic decisions.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”