Advanced Husky Training Scenario

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

wadortch

Advanced Husky Training Scenario

Post by wadortch »

Hello 2x3 people.

Been playing Husky now several times against the AI and against a human. Best outcome for Allies seems to be a minor win--which may be properly consistent with history.

Nevertheless, it would be great if a new introductory scenario could be introduced in the first patch which would start with none of the landings and airdrops hard-wired.

Give us newbies the chance to experiment with alternate approaches without investing the much longer amount of time required in the Italian Campaign Scenario's or others to learn the fine points of air and amphibious

Husky is at a scope which is great for learning the game!
Walt
bazjak

RE: Advanced Husky Training Scenario

Post by bazjak »

Hello 2x3 people.

Been playing Husky now several times against the AI and against a human. Best outcome for Allies seems to be a minor win--which may be properly consistent with history.

Nevertheless, it would be great if a new introductory scenario could be introduced in the first patch which would start with none of the landings and airdrops hard-wired.

Give us newbies the chance to experiment with alternate approaches without investing the much longer amount of time required in the Italian Campaign Scenario's or others to learn the fine points of air and amphibious

Husky is at a scope which is great for learning the game!

I too would like to see that
I am finding this game really hard and would love all the help i could get
Tutorials,walkthroughs,videos anything that would help this old bugger get into the game
Thanks
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

Hmm..I thought I would make one and post it here, but it seems fairly easy to do so I will just give instructions.

First: find the folder called Dat/scen in your War in the West game folder.

Locate the file Introductory Scenario - Operation Husky.scn

Click once on it to highlight it. Type CTRL-C then CTRL-V. This will make a copy of the file called blahblah - Copy.scn

Rename that file to something more intelligent like Practice Game.scn

Run the game....on the pick sides screen, click Editor.

At the bottom...load scenario. Choose your Practice Game.scn (whatever you may have called it).

Now the fun stuff: Go into the Admin Tab. Press the X on the far left (as if you are going to exit the game)
This will remove the game and bring up the editor functions.

On the main tab, change the amphib/prep points to 90. This is how many points will be retained if you pick a different target.

Now hit save scenario at the bottom of the screen.

Now...you can move units unto the amphibs, and pick a new target. Those units will automatically get 90 prep points. Same with the paratroops...pick a new target and they will have 90 prep points.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
bazjak

Post by bazjak »

Thankyou
I'll give it a try see how it go's

Return to “The War Room”