Out of supply...Not if you are the entente AI...

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

terje439

Out of supply...Not if you are the entente AI...

Post by terje439 »

1. Ok, so I play as the CP and I have a unit cut off by the AI, and it is out of supply (hence very vulnerable). During my turn I move it back in supply, the unit is still marked as out of supply, and seems to be so when the AI attacks it.

2. However, when I do the same to the AI, it is in normal mode when it is my turn.

Moves go like this;
1.1 : My unit is cut off from supply (AI turn)
1.2 : I move my unit back in supply (My turn)
1.3 : Unit is still shown as (and take losses as) it is out of supply (AI turn).

2.1 : AI unit cut off (My turn)
2.2 : Unit is moved back in supply (AI turn)
2.3 : AI unit is fighting normally (no penalty) (My turn)

So it seems that either the AI or the Entente is given a "freebie" by being out of supply one turn less than me as the CP?

Bug or WAD? If WAD, why??

Terje
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
operating

RE: Out of supply...Not if you are the entente AI...

Post by operating »

Terje,

Have seen what you are talking about in SP. Below is a SS of a current 1.60 beta MP match (shows out of supply Russians). Just got through with slaughtering 3 Russian infantry and damaging 1 Russian garrison that were out of supply, my moves are done. NOTE the Russian garrison that is close to making contact with Sarikamish on it's next turn move. I may not get my turn for another day to see what the results are from his move. I'll post the result to see if there is a similar situation to yours.

Bob

Attachments
ctgw_1418574521.jpg
ctgw_1418574521.jpg (61.71 KiB) Viewed 84 times
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
terje439

Post by terje439 »

If the Russian unit pulls back into supply, let me know if it is in supply at your next turn or not.

Btw, armoured cars for the OE? Nice!

Terje

operating

Post by operating »

The Russian garrison moved and went back to full supply at the beginning of my turn, much to my chagrin. When I attacked it with Turk infantry the garrison was tough as nails, would not budge, I don't even think it took a morale loss!!!! Much like you were experiencing against the AI. SS are before and after moves.

Attachments
ctgw_1418671733.jpg
ctgw_1418671733.jpg (61.1 KiB) Viewed 84 times
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: operating

The Russian garrison moved and went back to full supply at the beginning of my turn, much to my chagrin. When I attacked it with Turk infantry the garrison was tough as nails, would not budge, I don't even think it took a morale loss!!!! Much like you were experiencing against the AI. SS are before and after moves.

Lost 3 infantry strengths to 2 garrison strengths, How does that figure when the garrison just spent 2 turns "out of supply"?[&:]

Attachments
ctgw_1418676072.jpg
ctgw_1418676072.jpg (51.55 KiB) Viewed 84 times
terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: operating

Thank you, this means that this happens elsewhere too, and not only on my system. This is imo a rather large bonus to the Entente.

Terje

Return to “Commander - The Great War”