US 305th Bombardment Group

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

ctboe1_slith

US 305th Bombardment Group

Post by ctboe1_slith »

I went to a funeral today for a former member of the 305th USAAF LB Grp during WWII. This unit entered the ETO in 1942, participated in the Schweinfurt raid, and was at one time commanded by Col. Curtis LeMay. I came home and looked for this unit in the game using the find air group command via using the H hotkey, to no avail. I think this distinguished unit should be included in the game and am wondering if it could be added in during an update. It was based at Chelveston and flew B-17F's.
USS Dixie AD-14 (1980-1982)
USS Horne CG-30 (1982-1984)
NAS Miramar (1985)
Great_Ajax

RE: US 305th Bombardment Group

Post by Great_Ajax »

I'll add the group on my next update run.

Trey
ORIGINAL: cdu801

I went to a funeral today for a former member of the 305th USAAF LB Grp during WWII. This unit entered the ETO in 1942, participated in the Schweinfurt raid, and was at one time commanded by Col. Curtis LeMay. I came home and looked for this unit in the game using the find air group command via using the H hotkey, to no avail. I think this distinguished unit should be included in the game and am wondering if it could be added in during an update. It was based at Chelveston and flew B-17F's.
"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer
cmunson

Post by cmunson »

This is what makes these 2by3/Matrix games so wonderful. One player notices an issue and the developers immediately agree to correct. Other companies could learn from this.
Chris
byron13

Post by byron13 »

While you're at it, I don't see the 56th Fighter Group - the group that (along with the 4th FG) had the most number of kills. You gotta have the 56th!

I haven't done a role call on the units, but was assuming that all of the major squadrons and groups would be represented. I gather - possibly due to number of airfields - that not air units are accounted for?

I would say definitely add the 305th as well. I remember building a B-17 model about 40 years ago with the big "G" inside the triangle on the tail that made it a 305th bomber. Ever since then, that was my favorite group.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

The 56th arrives on turn 2.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Great_Ajax

Post by Great_Ajax »

Yep. The 56th is in all of the campaigns. If you do find missing airgroups or units, just let us know.

Trey
ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

The 56th arrives on turn 2.
"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer
byron13

Post by byron13 »

Apologies to all. It is there (Turn 3). Thought I'd looked for it in reinforcements

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”