AFB question: P-70 Questions

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Rusty1961

AFB question: P-70 Questions

Post by Rusty1961 »

I've just started to get this fighter in my pool and have never used it before (back at the game after two years).

1. What units take this fighter?
2. Can it sweep Japanese fighters on CAP?
3. Is it best used as CAP instead of sweeping?
4. Not many are made, thus which NF takes up the slack after production ends?

Thanks!
God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal.
Alfred

RE: AFB question: P-70 Questions

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: Rusty1961

I've just started to get this fighter in my pool and have never used it before (back at the game after two years).

1. What units take this fighter?

It is a USA nationality night fighter. With PDU ON, all air units of that nationality can use it. Of the at start air units, only 15FG/6FS can shift from USA fighter to this USA night fighter.

2. Can it sweep Japanese fighters on CAP?

Sweep is an available night mission listed in s.7.2.1.3.1 of the manual.

3. Is it best used as CAP instead of sweeping?

S.7.2.1.3.1 of the manual provides the thresholds required for night offensive missions. Sweep is an offensive mission, CAP is not.

4. Not many are made, thus which NF takes up the slack after production ends?

Press the "I" key and then look up the aircraft replacement pool for USA nationality night fighters. Also note which night fighters equip the future arriving USA NF units.

Thanks!

Alfred
obvert

Post by obvert »

It's quick and has good armament, but very poor maneuverability, as you'd imagine for a twin engined MB turned into a NF.

It can sweep during the day, and I tried that to see how it would fare, thinking that if it got the jump it might shoot up a bunch of lower fighters. Didn't work as planned. The maneuver difference looks too great, and I lost half the unit.

Unless you really need NF in 42-43, I'd use this as LR CAP over ships as these can shoot down bombers really well. As NF you can also mess up his night search planes. Or just leave them over a rear base as Cap and free up other units to move forward.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
btd64

Post by btd64 »

I assign it to the Tenth AF and send it to Indian when playing the AI. The AI sends in a few Night raids so it is useful....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”