Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Barb

RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates

Post by Barb »

ORIGINAL: qwetry

a thing I don't understand in scenario 17 (Ironman beware of the dorniers)

CV Essex will arrive in may 42, it'll have corsair F4U-1A as fighter, but this plane will be available in pool only from 10/43, and for repleacements of essex? [&:][&:][&:][&:]

similar thing for bunker hill and his hellcats, available in pool only from 1/43

Essex and Bunker hill will be useless without fighters for repleacement, or AI doesn't care about planes in pool to have repleacements?

I believe it represents the actual situation:
Despite the decision to issue the F4U to Marine Corps units, two Navy units, VF-12 (October 1942) and later VF-17 (April 1943) were equipped with the F4U. By April 1943, VF-12 had successfully completed deck landing qualification. However, VF-12 soon abandoned its aircraft to the Marines. VF-17 kept its Corsairs, but was removed from its carrier, USS Bunker Hill, due to perceived difficulties in supplying parts at sea. In November 1943, while operating as a shore-based unit in the Solomon Islands, VF-17 reinstalled the tail hooks so its F4Us could land and refuel while providing top cover over the task force participating in the carrier raid on Rabaul. The squadron's pilots landed, refueled, and took off from their former home, Bunker Hill and the USS Essex on 11 November 1943.
Source: Wikipedia
Justus2

RE: Scenario 4: Guadalcanal

Post by Justus2 »

ORIGINAL: Woos
ORIGINAL: floydg

The Yokoyama Tai outside PM seems to be missing components. Is this intentional?

Problem still exists. Also some Headquarters and replacement units show this.
Seems to be caused by all these units refering to Devices in the 265-296 range which was already outdated and has now been removed (and good all WitP still does not check database consistency).
You have to replace the following devices in the editor (sometimes best guesses as devices changed names)
265->709
267->711
280->736
281->739
282->740
284->745
285->746
286->747
296->770

in the Yokoyami Tai LCU, some Naval HQ at the beginning of the location list and to locations 4440-4442.
No idea if editing and saving from the editor completely destroys the scenario, though as the editor is supposed to no longer handle all attributes.

Edit:
At least the AI files get copied only partially.

Just starting a new Guadalcanal scenario as the Japanese, and I noticed this same problem with the Yokoyami Tai (and the other units referenced). I made the changes in the editor to use the updated device numbers, and thought I would post the SCEN files in case anyone else wants to use them. Below are what each device refers to, and the units affected:

265->709 IJA Infantry Squad
267->711 IJA Engineer Squad
280->736 47mm Type01 AT Gun
281->739 81mm Mortar
282->740 90mm Mortar
284->745 70mm T92 Howitzer
285->746 (75mm Infantry Gun, but the units have 0 devices)
286->747 75mm T82 Mtn Gun (only Yano Bn has any)
296->770 20cm 41YT CD Gun (the 3 Naval HQs have these)

Units:
Yokoyama Tai
35th/2nd(Kitao) 4440
35th/2nd(Kuma) 4441
Yano Battalion 4442
Combined Fleet NavHQ
Southeast Fleet NavHQ
Southern Fleet NavHQ
Attachments
Scen004v01a.zip
(713.71 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Just when I get the hang of a game, I buy two more... :)
PaulWRoberts

Post by PaulWRoberts »

Thanks for that work on Guadalcanal!

Is there a way of knowing which scens are affected by this? Is it all of them?
PaulWRoberts

Post by PaulWRoberts »

Also (because I'm new to this), can the Andy Mac updates in this thread be used with the Andrew Brown extended map?
Justus2

Post by Justus2 »

I don't know of any way to identify other missing devices, maybe someone else would knwo more. I just noticed it when getting ready to play the Japanese side of the scenario, and found the listing of missing units when I searched the forums.

As for the extended maps, I wouldn't think so. The scenarios use a limited portion of main map, and (at least in Scen4) use different values for the bases. You can create multiple installs of the game in seperate folders (I do that for DaBabesLite), so you can keep your Extended Map in one folder, and another for the scenarios.
Symon

Post by Symon »

ORIGINAL: Paul Roberts
Thanks for that work on Guadalcanal!
Is there a way of knowing which scens are affected by this? Is it all of them?
'Official' scenario 004, Guadalcanal, has none of these issues. All LCUs/Devices work just fine.

Babes Guadalcanal scenario 034, has none of these issues. All LCUs/Devices work just fine.

Andy has tweaked some small map scenarios with Babes specifications, but hasn't thought through the database. That's what you are seeing.

One group does the database and Andy does his upgrades, and never do the twain even talk. Bad news for you guys.

One big reason we are moving to a different paradigm and leaving the standard WiTP/AE game system alone.
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
PaulWRoberts

Post by PaulWRoberts »

ORIGINAL: Symon

One big reason we are moving to a different paradigm and leaving the standard WiTP/AE game system alone.

As a newcomer to the world of WITPAE mods, I'm at sea here. What's the new paradigm?
PaulWRoberts

Post by PaulWRoberts »

Also, does this imply that Andy Mac's AI revisions are essentially broken, or what? I'm trying to decide what to use before starting a game.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Also (because I'm new to this), can the Andy Mac updates in this thread be used with the Andrew Brown extended map?

Andy's new AI scripts work with the Stock scenarios, not any of the mods that use the extended map....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
PaulWRoberts

Post by PaulWRoberts »

Also, does this imply that Andy Mac's AI revisions are essentially broken, or what? I'm trying to decide what to use before starting a game.

Just a bump for this question. I'm thinking of trying a learning campaign, but I want to know if the AI files in this thread are good to use or if data issues cripple them. Thanks!
Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

Not around much these scens all work on the standard map and are not configured for extended map.

Sorry just a fact of life

Guad Scen has some other device bugs which I missed on original translation and have not had time to fix - only guad scen is affected
PaulWRoberts

Post by PaulWRoberts »

Thanks for the reply, Andy. And I appreciate your work!
stretch

Post by stretch »

Dang I've already put in hours and hours on a Allied first turn vs AI using babesliteB (scen 26), which needs the extended map, and I had installed the scenario 1 updates. Is that going to absolutely trash the AI in my game?
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Thank you Andy Mac for updating the scenarios!

Thank you Justus2 for the fix for scen004!

Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

Scenario 1, I cannot use Abadan. I can access Aden, and all the other Off Map bases. I can access Abadan from the base icon, and create a task force. But I cannot move ships to & from that base. That will cause a setback [;)] What am I doing wrong?

Attachments
wpae005.zip
(2.4 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

Scenario 1, I cannot use Abadan. I can access Aden, and all the other Off Map bases. I can access Abadan from the base icon, and create a task force. But I cannot move ships to & from that base. That will cause a setback [;)] What am I doing wrong?

It's 'normal'. I don't mean intended, I mean that it was covered a long time ago in support, and the answer is that at the map edge they had to make special arrangements. It turns out to be a lot of work to do that, and so you cannot click on those TF. But Michael put in a toggle into the TF list (hot key "T") that switches between on-map and off-map TFs. You can use that to access any TF you want.
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

Cool, thanks [;)] I thought I had heard something along these lines, I couldn't find it.

<edit> hmm, only place I can go is Cape Town or Mombasa, endurance needed 399999. Any other place and you can't move directly onto map.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
stretch

Post by stretch »

I've abandoned my babes lite game since I installed the scenario update and extended map prior to beginning. No big deal. It seems clear from prior posts that's not a good idea.. but if anyone could provide a definitive statement it might clear things up.

It seems to either be :

Stock (with latest beta ok too) + Andy's scenario updates
or
Anything with extended map (and beta ok too) + stock scenarios.

Am I correct?
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

As a new owner/player of this game I do not know the AI tricks in the original scenarios can these be added in the empty slots instead of over writing the originally included scenarios?
Justus2

Post by Justus2 »

I found another issue with the Guadalcanal scenario. Glen Chutais were pointing to the wrong subs, so some Glen-equipped subs enter the game with no planes, and other subs have a plane attached, but no Aircraft Capacity to operate it (it can be tranferred to base, however). I used the editor to point all the Glen Chutais (I1-I45) to the correct I-Boat (many of which are not active). The I-boats that are active, and have aircraft capacity, now have the correct Chutai assigned.

I renamed the scenario to #044, and have included all the device changes in the post above as well. I looked at the Babes Guadalcanal scenario, and I like the expanded scope, but it says it's not AI-friendly, and I'm not ready to graduate to PBEM yet (time constraints as well). So I am trying to make the best of the existing scenario. Let me know if anyone finds anything else to update!

Attachments
Scen44GuadV02b.zip
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 257 times

Return to “Tech Support”