Ship SAM over usage, a simple fix.

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

tommo8993

Ship SAM over usage, a simple fix.

Post by tommo8993 »

One of the things that bothers me is that my ships use too much SAMs. When in automated firing they fir 2 missiles at each target until the target is destroyed. The main problem is that if the first missile(missile 1) misses the ship automatically fires another missile. But if the second missile that is very very close behind does hit it, we have wasted the replacement for missile 1. So for every target we waste 1 missile.

Would a simple fix be to put a 3-4 second delay between a missile missing and another one firing?
Patmanaut

RE: Ship SAM over usage, a simple fix.

Post by Patmanaut »

I guess LUA will take account of the issue. In the meantime, you can resort to cancel AI attacks an do it manually.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Yeah its one of the one's we'd like to fix. We're about to test a fix soon with an upgrade to salvo logic but we are also slowing down a bit for the holiday.

Thanks!

Mike
LuckyJim1010

Post by LuckyJim1010 »

SLOWING DOWN FOR THE HOLIDAY !!!!
It's not like you have been doing anything lately.
Oh wait...

Have a well deserved slow down, washed down with long slow drinks.
gbethel

Post by gbethel »

There are two SAM allocation numbers coded in the database for each SAM. One for bogeys and another for vampires. Pretty sure these numbers is what drives the usage of SAM's.

I would prefer if the player could set SAM allocation as a variable in the RoE settings.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

That's the direction we're going with a wide range of options for players. Its currently being tested now and we'll be posting on it once 1.07 takes shape.

Mike
ScottGridley

Post by ScottGridley »

What's the official doctrine of number of SAMs to launch at a target within range (for USN)? I would guess, and I'm no expert, that the number of "birds free" would be scaled based on threat level and distance factored by reliability of the platform against the threat type.
---IGNIS UBI PARATUS
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi Scott. In short that's classified/unpublished but we can make many assumptions based on fire control channel counts etc.

We've engineered a solution that basically allows players a pretty wide range of options/parameters that should cover the spectrum of facts and opinions:) This is basically us being responsive to player's requests and being flexible.

My personal take is that when it comes to defensive fires you shoot until the threat goes away. Missile counting and hard values are nice on the game table but in real life when lives are on the line the risk calculations change completely. Luckily my point of view will be represented in the model design too!
ScottGridley

Post by ScottGridley »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk
Luckily my point of view will be represented in the model design too!

Great to hear and thanks for the quick response!
---IGNIS UBI PARATUS

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”